Notices

Hello there...

Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello there...

I'm giving this yet another go, once again. I started having some rather frightening health issues, and I go back and forth from being bitter this is happening (I'm 28) and trying to remind myself it might be the only thing that CAN get me to living a life that I don't struggle with constantly wanting to end.

So hi. I'm trying to learn how to live again. I went 28 days over the summer, and I know I can do this. The withdrawal is hell, the nightmares (more like night terrors--and usually the same scenario, last week I managed to literally bang myself up thrashing about in bed, that's pretty terrifying), and the overwhelming insomnia are REALLY difficult to bear. I have, um...issues with food so I'm trying to not fall head long back into that hell as well. I wish I could get something to deal w/the lack of sleep/anxiety but I tend to abuse anything I can....so I'm trying to handle this on my own. I kicked hard drugs, but this is proving to be a million times worse.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to finally stop going the ostrich in the sand route and try to start to process the things I've been stedfast avoiding for 15 years.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I'm 1 year 6months off booze, almost 5 months of crack. I haven't paid much attention to it, but I have insomnia to. Numerous post I've read say the same. I don't know why, but like you say, you tend to abuse everything(me too), so I'm not going to take anything for it. Thanks for the thread. I'm going to look more closely at it because it has caused me some problems.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

neferkamichael- First off congratulations, that's awesome. I know one of the biggest things that led to the initial increase in the drinking was I drank myself to sleep....I have horrible anxiety. I'll keep on the lookout for anything that helps. Ambien made the nightmares worse (and when i was drinking/using on that...yeah kinda hallucinated and did a lot of just, off things) and I developed a tolerance to almost everything, I've tried so many things. I'm trying to cut down on caffeine but then I can barely pay attention in class, or function at work. Sigh.
Trazodone, which is actually an older school anti-depressant had pretty decent results--and there aren't any real positives to take more, i just was up to the maximum dose they said I should be at, so I cycled off of it. I'll see someone in april and perhaps try again. (if i don't go stark raving made from sleep deprivation first, haha)
Old 02-03-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome, logicalparadox!

Good for you for choosing sobriety..... Get all the support/help you can and be careful with detox. You've come to a great place!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR, LP

D