Notices

Had a Dang Drinking Dream

Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had a Dang Drinking Dream

Thought I was over them but maybe thought is danerous. It was really bad because it was like relapse in front of the world than I woke up and it still felt bad, doess it end?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm of the opinion sometimes dreams are just dreams - I still have dreams about missing exams, even tho I haven't been in high school for 30 years.

Maybe it's just old fears and old memories bubbling to the surface, Fitz?

D
Old 02-02-2012, 10:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Drinking Dreams drive ya nuts and they seem so vivid as well...

One thing is for sure though we never really get drunk in our dreams in reality so that is a plus.

My sponsor used to tell me that they were a warning of what it could be like if we ever decided to go back. But I have some dreams of my past life all the time. It is kinda scary in some aspects.

I agree though with Dee they are just dreams.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dang dee you are always there.. I worked off the shakes by SR and South Park. I shall make it
Old 02-02-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I logoff sometimes Fitz - like now, lol.
take care of yourself

D
Old 02-03-2012, 12:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I posted earlier this week about a drinking dream..they can be pretty vivid and scary. BUT, it's not reality so I agree that you should just take it for what it is: a memory, a dream etc. When I quit smoking I had dreams that I relapsed with that too and remember waking up so happy it wasn't real. Our brains are working things out so to speak but those are days of the past. Hope you get some rest
Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

I haven't had any dreams (that I can remember since I quit). I do remember waking up covered in sweat a couple of nights during the first 5 days. I think just give it some time.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Haven't had a drinking dream in eons, but I remember a few being so bad I actually woke up and walked around my flat looking for empties. Also had them bad enough that I woke feeling a pseudo hangover. Pretty crazy stuff.

I will say this though, I always saw the positive in them, in that I would feel such relief when I came around enough to know they were just dreams... hell I felt like a million bucks. IMO you could try and look at the positive side of it. After all, you didn't actually tank your sobriety, your subconscious just reminded you what it would feel like had you managed to relapse. All good stuff on the road we're on.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
instant

I hate that. There is relief once you realise you have just dreamt it, it can take time though LOL.

I used hate waking up in the morning.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
Thought I was over them but maybe thought is dangerous.
These are common, though not universal, and they are not dangerous. You can't possibly drink while you are asleep. I used to never get any such dreams, or at least remember them, but after a long time, they did eventually pop up. I tend to view it as a sign of just how weak the Beast / Alcoholic Mind has become. It knows it doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting me to feed it when I'm awake, so it comes out to play when I'm paralyzed and off duty. A good reminder that it is still in there somewhere, though.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yeah, it ends.
Never have these dreams anymore.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've only had one so far but I remember having a pit in my stomach it was so real. When I woke for about 30mins, I thought I really drank and had such regret. Terminally U......your description reminded me of A Nightmare on Elm Street......Don't fall asleep cause Freddy's gonna get you.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by MentalLoop View Post
Terminally U......your description reminded me of A Nightmare on Elm Street......Don't fall asleep cause Freddy's gonna get you.
From the amount of times this comes up in the Newcomer's forum, you'd think it was Freddy Krueger people were talking about.