SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   !!!Day 6...Dr is helpin me detox whoa shakes!!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/247799-day-6-dr-helpin-me-detox-whoa-shakes.html)

AloneAlot 02-02-2012 03:23 PM

!!!Day 6...Dr is helpin me detox whoa shakes!!!!

Still dont want to drink...but really feeling the shakes and anxiety....It was a big step to tell my doctor abut my drinking history and why i quit last saturday...honesty is helping me...but support is what i need.........this site is helping me put it out there...Im not getting that many replies /posts to my threads but what i am getting is helping me...just knowing that someone is listeningand encouraging me helps me.

THANKS

Dee74 02-02-2012 03:31 PM

I hope you'll feel less shakey and anxious the more time goes on AloneALot :)
Don't hesitate to go back to your Dr is you feel worried tho.

good to have you here with us :)

D

AloneAlot 02-02-2012 03:36 PM

Thank you DEE loved your quote...Im gonna borrow it! :=)

Rummy 02-02-2012 03:39 PM

Hang in there!

masanori 02-02-2012 03:50 PM

Maybe you could try going for a walk or jog; it may help ease your anxiety and shakes.

Bikeguy 02-02-2012 04:36 PM

Great job on the 6 days and congratulations about being honest with your doctor that is a tough thing to do. I was very shaky and really struggled with anxiety the first couple weeks too. A few things that helped me with the shakes was squeezing a ball, it just gave me something to distract me and keep me busy also be sure to stay hydrated. For the anxiety...exercise, plenty of sleep and deep breathing seemed to help for me. Hang in there, it does get easier!

desertsong 02-02-2012 04:48 PM

B vitamins, exercise, and keeping my body busy helped a lot with the shakes. They suck. But they don't last forever. I found that when I sat still the shakes were worse ... if I kept moving doing SOMETHING, they were better. I totally feel your pain!!

It does eventually get better ... just hang in there. I'm on day 34 and still get the occasional tremors but very mild now. It will pass ... don't give up, you're doing great!

MagnifiedStar 02-02-2012 04:56 PM

Stick with it AloneAlot! It will only get better as each day passes. I am on day 11 and already my life seems so much more beautiful. You will get through this :)

Tigger41 02-02-2012 05:56 PM

6 dats is great. Hang in there and maybe join the January thread. I know my Nov thread helps me a lot as there are people at the same stage of recovery.

Take care and hang in there.

Vet69 01-16-2014 09:30 AM

Stay Active

Exercise if you are able. Is there anyone you can call or be with? Keep moving, go to a movie or take a hike if the weather permits. Stay in motion. You are not alone in this group. Hang in there!

Jessicacat1 01-16-2014 11:01 AM

Well done Alonealot-you are on the path to freedom and success xx

least 01-16-2014 02:33 PM

This thread is two years old. ;)