Notices

Trying AA

Old 02-06-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

and may I add: incorporate the Steps into your life as a way of life.

I found after numerous yrs it was the application of spiritual principles, the building of a new person (character) that made the difference.

I can not do much of anything I used to do. Especially my THINKING! My mind is warped from drinking & using.

Alcoholism is defiant, unsatisfied, discontented, never enough type of thinking.

Meetings are great & very important. But reading the 2 books, BB AND the 12 X 12 and applying the information I found to be critical.

Otherwise we are all talk, no action.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Lindsey: It's nothing to be embarrassed about. Goes with the territory. Happens all the time. Your body's upset at the absence of alcohol and wants the alcohol back. Don't give in to that! Each day or few days the whole thing will get better. I guarantee you that eventually you will be feeling better than ever. If you think you need help with these mood swings, etc. see your doctor and tell him/her everything. But never cave in and pick up a drink again. That solves nothing and creates a whole bunch of problems. You're on your way and keep the momentum up. Get help over the rough spots from your AA friends. They know all about it. Good luck.

W.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LindseyMarie View Post
The two major things that have been repeated in every speaker's story, that really hit home are:
1) I cannot just have one or two
2) I have to keep coming back and not to think i've been 'healed' . that's a recipe for relapse.

I've also started incorporating a little HP in my life, which is just icing on my AA cake. Yay God!
LindseyMarie, as a person who has been in and out of the rooms and on and off the wagon for a few years (and back to a painful day 2), I think you have pointed out the essentials in your post! I needed the reminder. Thank you, and keep coming back. Keep us posted on how you are doing, good or bad (one of my mistakes is to not let people know when I'm doing badly...recipe for disaster right there).