Notices

Day 4 and no plan

Old 02-02-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and no plan

I feel exactly the same as on day 2 and 3. No change. The same dull feeling.

I had a dream that I was drinking beer and bought big bottle of wine. I did not drink it. I woke up and thought I can't control my dreams, what if I see the same dream again?

So I have no plan at the moment what to do next. 6 days is the longest I have been sober so far. When the fog will lift?
Old 02-02-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JEANS

I keep dreaming about drinking alcohol too and it makes me crave when I wake up.

It's still very early days for you so give yourself and break, you'll feel better in time. You're doing brilliant so far x
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jeans

I just sit and really wait till I feel normal, comfortable. I don't know what to do in the evenings. Weekend starts soon, scary. Everyone is cheering because of the weekend. But to be honest its just the ordinary day, when we can sleep a little longer.

I also thought that by day 4 I will feel much better.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
So I have no plan at the moment what to do next.
I don't want to sound harsh...I mean it. You've been on this site since July...So you must have read about the different plans or programs available...grab onto one of them. It sounds like it's not working for you on your own....Kill the boredom with throwing yourself into some kind of recovery plan...Keep yourself busy....Trying to make yourself better....Does that make sense?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sapling

Yes I have been here a long time. I've read so much. Im here to get some support thats all. But you sounded harsh..
Old 02-02-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JEANS

Healthyfood, I didn't start to feel good until day 8 and even then I only had the occasional good day. I've been sober for 36 days and keep having horrible days still but on the good days I feel so great that it's all worth it.

I don't have much of a plan either, I just come on here a lot and stay in more than I used to. It's working for me now but I assume I'll go through many different stages so I'm considering a group near me if it gets harder to stay sober.

You don't have to go out at weekends and I find that there's plenty of stuff to do to keep me busy. What hobbies did you do before you started drinking just out of interest?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

it used to take me about 4 days not to feel like death, so you're doing better than I used to do.

Seems to me you're drifting along now though - not really doing anything to make your self feel better or change things - kinda like just waiting for the drinking to start again...I remember that state of mind well.

why not try something different this time?

D
Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
Sapling

Yes I have been here a long time. I've read so much. Im here to get some support thats all. But you sounded harsh..
I didn't mean to...You mentioned you didn't have a plan...I'm just saying it's a good idea to have one...Whatever it is.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jeans

36 days!!! Well done! I just hope that tomorrow I will feel a little better a little happier. I do try to keep myself busy, but not all the time. I like reading, I like walks and sports. Im not ready for exercising yet.

I just want to know how much more longer till Im normal again like in childhood
Old 02-02-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dee74

For the past year I was drifting along, as you just said. I know that I have to stop being a cry baby and start changing daily routine.
I have started with very small tiny things, probably silly. Like:

I cooked curry for the first time
I clean up kitchen every evening
I made white tea (never had it before)
Just cooked pork gammon joint for my sandwiches
Found new study desk that I like and will order today
Will get rid off cheap creams and replace them with good brand ones TO LOOK BETTER

Is that ok for start do you think? Or too slow?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sapling

I hope you did not mean to be harsh. Im very sensitive to everything lately.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JEANS

I must admit if I'm honest, I did nothing for the first few days. I was exhausted and felt really down and weird and sick. Take each day as it comes then start introducing hobbies back in slowly. If you like reading, try some alcohol books listed in the forum whilst your waiting for your energy to come back.

Have a look online for meetings, start a diary/journel on ur computer about ur experience in becoming sober and read it back each week to see ur progress.

I found myself asking people on here when I'd feel better, it's only natural but I got some really good advice which is to take each day as it comes.

Keep posting about ur sobriety, you can do it
Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

anvilhead

You are funny, thank you! Squeezing the last drop of booze out of the sponge made me laugh.

The main reason I want to live sober life is because I want to meet my partner. If I drink I will not be able to meet him, cause who wants to live with boozy me and empty bottles in the kitchen piling up ready to be used to build a house.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

doing things is good HF - I used to get productive after a bender too.
But that alone never stopped me drinking - do you think it will stop you?

what you really need is a plan about *drinking* - what to do when you feel like drinking, what to do when someone invites you to a party, what to do when someone comes round with a bottle...what to do when all the things you used to drink for happen again - cos they will.

It's hard work, for sure, but it's necessary. That why a lot of people join an established group - it's probably a little easier for most of us with support and some guidelines.

D
Old 02-02-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jeans

I tried to keep the journal, but for some reason did not want to keep it. Not sure why.
Also reading alco books make me think about the drink even more.

There is a big massive huge motivating thing that helps me to control the urge!!!

So it will take me 10 minutes to get 2 bottles of wine. 4 hours to finish them. 5 seconds to put them on the floor by the bin and then 5 seconds to realize that their are empty.
The booze will be consumed and there will be nothing to drink again. So why start?
This really helps me at all times.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Maybe try some exercise? That usually give me a little lift. Also, coming up with some proactive ideas to prevent a possible relapse, you can always kick 'em around here and I sure you'll get lots of great feed back.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dee74

what you really need is a plan about *drinking* - what to do when you feel like drinking, what to do when someone invites you to a party, what to do when someone comes round with a bottle...what to do when all the things you used to drink for happen.

I have managed to control the first part - what to do when I feel like drinking. The answer is nothing. Just wait and the urge will go. The other bits I haven't planned.
They are the hardest:
what to do if someone comes over with bottle!!!!!!!!!! is the hardest.

I can skip certain parties, but I can't pretend Im not at home.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Resident

I think you are on the right track HF.
Doing new things and changing your routine will definitely help.
I also agree with Dee that you should have a plan on what you are going to do when faced with a drinking situation.
After a period of time you will start finding enjoyable activities to replace the drinking and that is when things will get better . It is hard work to force yourself to look for those activities but well worth the effort.
Now I have to start and take my own advice.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JEANS

The people who come to ur home with alcohol, are they good friends? Would u feel comfortable telling them that you've given up and wouldn't want them to bring any to your house?

It seems like ur having a rough day today, it's always harder to see the positives when ur feeling down. You WILL feel better but only as long as u stay sober.

Perhaps try some uplifting fictional books and have a look at some of the positive threads on here.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

ElegantlyWasted

I will start exercising as soon as it gets warmer outside. Its winter here Im too cold.
I will go for a swim, I love diving and swimming under water, for me its like a meditation.