Notices

Ah, first post

Old 02-02-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ah, first post

So, I'm up because my kidneys feel like they're falling out of my back...which is nothing. This is like productive time over the withdrawals I'm going through right now. I have been taking this mind-numbing stuff for four years for serious chronic pain. I'm 28 years old, and I have decided to get my personality back.

But it suuuuuuucks. Any tips? I was taking 6 30mg roxi and two 10mg norco per day this whole time. They tried me on everything, but honestly oxycodone affected my personality the least. So, in desperation for a lack of pain, I took it. And I'm glad I did because I'm not sure I would have survived. But things have gotten better.

And now I gotta kick this stuff. In the past week I tapered myself from four a day to now 1/3 a 30mg and MAYBE 1/4 or 1/2 a hydro.

My worry is that this won't stick. Not just because I feel sick, but because of pain...and because sometimes it just feels easier.

Anyone going through what I am? Or ESPECIALLY anyone with tips on how to deal with not only this dreadful flu, but also with the crazy I feel because all of my physical pain is coming back?
Old 02-02-2012, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tapering schedule

Also, what is a good tapering schedule down from four 30s a day and two 10s? Please don't ask me to go to a doctor. I have a nice PM, but they are in the business of suboxone. And I am just not willing to get addicted to something else.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi justaflu

Welcome

We can't give you medical advice here JAF - it's against our rules.

I know it's not the answer you wanted but I really recommend you seek professional advice with this - you have pain and tapering issues, mixed with fear and anxiety...this really isn't a do it yourself job IMO.

Find a Dr you trust and work out a tapering schedule with them - you could make your reluctance to take other meds clear.

You'll find a lot of support here in staying clean tho, both in this forum and our substance abuse forum as well

D