Notices

Day 2 :)

Old 02-01-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 :)

Today has been my second day in a row sober. It was kind of difficult this evening. I even have alcohol at my house. But, I've made it through. I have been thinking a lot about my situation and what brought me to where I am today. I got pregnant (unexpectedly) and married. So, I was thrown into this life of being a parent which I was not ready for... (would never change it now for anything!) My husband has been gone working in the Middle East pretty much the whole time since we got married. I was alone pregnant and I've been alone most of my daughters life. And on top of all of that we've had some marital problems (he messed up... not me) So, I was extremely hurt by that. I know I have situational depression because of everything... and I think the same applies for my drinking. I'm bored (stay at home mom), I'm lonely, it can be stressful to have a toddler with you LITERALLY 24/7 (with no help) and I've been hurt emotionally many times by someone who should never hurt me. Since I've finally received treatment for my depression, I'm doing a lot better on that aspect. Just ready to kick the drinking every night habit. You know- it doesn't really affect my life negatively (yet) besides that I don't like that I do it and I know it's too much. I probably have the equivalent of 6-7 drinks every evening, I'm just guessing? But, I get up every morning with my daughter and take great care of her and my household. I'm in school (on-line classes) and doing great. But, I don't want to be this influence on my daughter- in a few short years she will know exactly what's going on. Ah, anyways. Just rambling on here. Hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gigi
I was stuck at home alone a lot too, for different reasons (disability)

I drank a lot for something to do and for boredom...gradually it took over my life, so you're smart to address it now

When I quit I changed a lot of things about my life - I joined up here, I reconnected with old friends, I started up new interest and hobbies...

I'm never bored now and I never feel like a drink would be something I'd like to do...it really is possible to change your life...I know you can do it too

D
Old 02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's definitely hard when you are alone a lot and bored... 6-7 drinks probably doesn't sound like a lot to some of the people... but I'm a pretty small person. I weigh about 115 lbs and I pretty much always go with the eat only a small amount before you drink so you get a better buzz quicker. Trick of the trade, right? I just need to stop blaming it on my situation and take control of myself. I appreciate the support I've gotten on here, it has been really helpful!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Gigi!

You will find SR a great source of support - someone is always here! Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Best wishes.

P.S. Throw away the booze in your house - you don't need that stuff around.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i like your to do list..
Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Love your avatar Welcome to the forums.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey GiGi. Glad you joined up. I'm in Indiana too.

I can relate to the depression. Alcohol made my depression much worse. I drank out of boredom also, in the end I drank because I had to. Hopefully you can get a handle on it before you get to that point.

Keep posting and reading.

God bless.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hi Gigi, being alone and bored is an easy way to slip into regular drinking, I know I did. Now you have made the decision to stop, use every resource that can help you , SR is great, and I am sure you will recover
Old 02-02-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 2 Gigi, keep it up
Old 02-02-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Gigi. So glad you are here.

Reading others stories strengthens my resolve and gives me hope. I'm grateful to have found this forum.

Good luck.