Notices

Day 9

Old 01-31-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Day 9

Day 9 today. My body still misses the 800 + calories of booz that I had been slamming every night. Had difficulty sleeping last night and ate a whole box of crackers. Feeling better in general. Still feeling edgy and difficulty concentrating.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

First craving just happened. Grabbed a burrito out of the freezer and smoked a cig. This is the usual time I'd slam a steelie.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there,

Yeah, I know what you mean. Give time time. It will get better. I think I ate more crackers than I ever had in my life the first month I was sober. And trouble sleeping is frequently a complaint in the beginning, as well as trouble concentrating, etc. Your body is adjusting....it will get better soon as long as you don't drink. Take care.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi buddy :-)

way to keep marching forward! I was turning so much in bed my first week you could have wrapped me in copper wire and produced electricity. It did get better sometime b/w 8 and 12 days later; on top, i didn't sleep in last weekend at all. used to be in bed until 11 or noon, last sat & sun was up by 0700 and felt OK.

guess i'm saying hang in there, like sissy stated, it gets better~~~~
Old 01-31-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're doing well. Your body is likely rejecting what you are doing to it. It WILL settle down.

Since I ALWAYS had a beer open when I was home I switched to drinking hot peppermint tea. It still satisfied the habit of having to have something to sip on, but it was different enough to become a new and different routine that wasn't a trigger.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElegantlyWasted View Post
Day 9 today. My body still misses the 800 + calories of booz that I had been slamming every night. Had difficulty sleeping last night and ate a whole box of crackers. Feeling better in general. Still feeling edgy and difficulty concentrating.
Im kind of in the same boat. Eating a lot more and feeling edgy... I thought I would be feeling so much better, but I guess I need more time? I think I'm going to try to cut back on eating junky stuff though, as it kind of has the same effect on your body with the huge spike in blood sugar and then huge drop, which I know for me makes me feel pretty crappy.