Notices

Sooner born, but Texas living.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sooner born, but Texas living.

Well Im back on the wagon again. 1-29-12 Is my start date. Just going to live one day at a time. Going to try and keep away from the sweets, but I know that will be hard right now. If I cant stay 90 days clean, then off to rehab I go. Weird saying that. Still get teary eyed thinking about how I have failed myself. Always been competitive and failure wasnt something Id like to say Ive done in this department. So here I go again.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Sooner, I am new here as well - just done day 2. We are miles apart, but we can help each other through here.
I have done nearly 100 days but that was followed by another 5 years of hard hard drinking.
The mistake that I made was that I got blase about everything. This time I am doing exactly the same as you. One day at a time.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Sooner How long did you go without drinking before you slipped? What happened? What happened to make you think you had a problem with alcohol?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope you keep posting, reading and interacting with people here, might make things a bit easier.

Texas would likely be much more enjoyable sober.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well it seems its a bit harder. Summers are longer which means more drinking fun on the boat and ofcourse the hangover afterwards. Better to start in the winter here I guess, get over the initial withdrawals.

Ive know Ive had a problem for years, but wasnt mentally able to acknowledge it. I was an alcoholic before I started drinking. Every family member I have, except two, are drinkers and drug addicts. Just time to get the ball rolling.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just pulling your leg a bit. I've driven through Texas many times on my way to the Sooner state or down into Mexico and so far have managed to avoid the good parts.

Drinking and boating went together for me too, had some close calls in mountain lakes and in the Pacific. Like everything else, boating's way better sober. No more coming to on the gravelly shoreline and discovering my boat submerged.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just pulling your leg a bit. I've driven through Texas many times on my way to the Sooner state or down into Mexico and so far have managed to avoid the good parts.

Drinking and boating went together for me too, had some close calls in mountain lakes and in the Pacific. Like everything else, boating's way better sober. No more coming to on the gravelly shoreline and discovering my boat submerged.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Soonerborn!

I think we've all felt like failures, but as they say in AA, this disease is "cunning, baffling and powerful"...... It took me 3 times to finally convince myself I was done for good.

Sounds like you have a good plan - we're all here to help each other, so keep reading/posting!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome

Ohio born here, but grew up in The Woodlands for jr and senior high, then college in San Marcos.

Do whatever you have to get that sobriety you are so worth it.

Good love,Inda
Old 01-31-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Soonerborn!

I grew up in Houston but now a transplanted Yankee. I went to OU...so Boomer!!!

Good luck! This is a great site and you will find lots of helpful advice here!

GoMan
Old 01-31-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Sooner
You'll find a lot of advice and support here

D
Old 01-31-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and I'm glad you've decided to take action.