Notices

employer making me tell coworkers my problem

Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

For those that say, " put it behind you, etc.". This is exactly why alcoholics are so disrespected and have a horrible stigmatism associated with them! How dear anyone put a sick person through such humiliation! I can't believe this even happened. For anyone in a " powerful position" to create such a humiliating and degrading act upon a sick person should be held accountable! JMHO!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well, we don't know all the sides of this situation.

What if a lawsuit were pursued... depositions, trial, publicity... the stress, all that... and it becomes more than his sobriety and sanity and serenity can handle... Is it worth it?

Just asking... maybe it is. It wouldn't be for me. That's all I am saying.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
For those that say, " put it behind you, etc.". This is exactly why alcoholics are so disrespected and have a horrible stigmatism associated with them! How dear anyone put a sick person through such humiliation! I can't believe this even happened. For anyone in a " powerful position" to create such a humiliating and degrading act upon a sick person should be held accountable! JMHO!
I have a hard time believing this. Is this why alcoholics are sometimes looked down upon? Isn't it also possible that alcoholics have a way of thinking themselves as the center of the world, thinking that it's their mission to hold others "accountable" for their wrongs. If going to a lawyer (who may well have his or her own interests at heart by filing a suit and negotiating a settlement which nets the lawyer 30 percent or more) would endanger my sobriety then put me down as a coward not to make a crusade. Recovery is my first priority. I can't reform others unless I get well myself and even then it may be better for me to get on with it and not think too much about the past.

W.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I am an alcoholic just like you. But you must recognize that when our friends, employers or communities stand behind us and our sobriety, they do it at grave and great risk to their reputations, emotions and well being. Their sense of betrayal and loss may have been just as bad.

Mentalloop you could not have said it better,, I am at peace with it now,,, thank you. My actions caused this,, not theirs

Thanks
Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ryan: Awesome! Sounds like you're on your way! Good luck to you and every good wish!

W.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

if he was your current employer and threatened your job over it you can sue him, or file a complaint. this is illegal and a violation of your rights if he in fact forced you (not suggested) to do this. and did you leave this job because of this?? you may be intitled to compensation. but remember sobriety is number one and you may just want to let it go.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

i agree with LoftyIdeals.

i am sorry this happened to you. glad to hear an update though.

best of luck to you in your recovery.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good for you Ryan.

Things really started moving for me after I quit drinking and I was able to say to myself...Hmm, that's...not...really...what...happened.

I wish you every success in your sobriety.