Notices

Day 3 Feeling nauseated..and need a friend

Old 01-30-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 Feeling nauseated..and need a friend

Last thread i talked about detoxing alone...2 ppl said i needed medical detox...but I dont have time to go any place...So Im doing it alone...So far Im just really tired, sweating alot and feeling nauseated...but Im determined. I feel anxious and having a hard time getting motivated to clean house and just desire to leave it all until I feel better. I have a 5 day work week and I feel very unorganized. Im riding this wave of illness to get better..looking at it like I have the flu.. I really wish I had a sober friend here with me. To be honest i am so embarrassed about becomming an alcoholic and hiding it for the last year. All the people Ive met here in Texas I met at a bar. Ill try to make a call today and try to make some kind of connection. I need it. I' Im crying.

Last edited by AloneAlot; 01-30-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: duplicate posting
Old 01-30-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Last thread i talked about detoxing alone...2 ppl said i needed medical detox...but I dont have time to go any place...So Im doing it alone...So far Im just really tired, sweating alot and feeling nauseated...but Im determined. I feel anxious and having a hard time getting motivated to clean house and just desire to leave it all until I feel better. I have a 5 day work week and I feel very unorganized. Im riding this wave of illness to get better..looking at it like I have the flu.. I really wish I had a sober friend here with me. To be honest i am so embarrassed about becomming an alcoholic and hiding it for the last year. All the people Ive met here in Texas I met at a bar. Ill try to make a call today and try to make some kind of connection. I need it. I' Im crying.[/QUOTE]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
imagesCA1J00AY.jpg (9.5 KB, 42 views)
Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I totally understand the loneliness. I, too, am dealing with WD's all alone. I haven't one other person (except here) that knows I am addicted to opiates, much less trying to quit them. The isolation alone can cause depression, and then the mind starts playing tricks on you to make it even worse. I wish I could be there for you, but I am in spirit!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thank you! Well I guess we can be here together...Im your new understanding support friend...Ill watch for your posts!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are not alone, I'm new too and have been reading here since yesterday. Take care of yourself today!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AloneAlot View Post
Thank you! Well I guess we can be here together...Im your new understanding support friend...Ill watch for your posts!
I think I've done nothing but stay on this site for days and days now. Somehow it helps to read other stories and communicate with other people in the same boat. My life has become such a cloud of secrecy since I began using and this site has been a much needed outlet of support and information.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I wish I could stay here and read but Im feeling guilty for not being motivated. I have to push myself...Ill start with a shower, go shopping for dad..(he is 85, we dont live together but in same condos I moved to Tx a year ago to watch over him) and Ill be back to clean hoouse and watch the posts after noon!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know it was the most alone I have ever felt in my life, when I finally stopped drinking. I had isolated myself, hidden my drinking as much as possible and had alienated my husband and kids. I never want to feel that alone again.

You are doing the right thing by stopping drinking and working on your recovery. If you have concerns about the physical withdrawl symptoms, go to an ER. And, please know that we do understand how hard this is.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

just remember that day by day you will feel better and stronger. I did much the same as you are doing. (i will always remember Anna telling me to eat soup and yogurt, drink lots of water).

keep posting and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I showered...Its amazing how much better i feel clean...Hummm Im shaking...but clean....going to grocery shop for dad and talk to him...taking a big risk BIG RISK...as he is a nag about my drinking and has every right to be since he bought my last brand new car that I totaled and went to jail for my 2nd DUI 3 yrs ago. He brought me to texas to watch over him and bought me a condo...I broke my back lifting him off the floor last april and am somewhat recovered from that, . Im in college 2 days a week and cutting hair 3 days a week...off sun and mondays...I have a lot to be thankful for and feel that by telling him...I will feel more honest with what is happening...get out of denile and face up to my mistakes..make more amends to him...let him know Im gonna be ok when he is gone. What do u think...? Should I tell him or let him just see...he worries when I go out a lot....I have enough stress and dont really want his naggin on me...questioning me...etc...but support I can use..cept he tends to like to listen to himself talk?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Be very gentle with yourself. If you can just plod along with the house cleaning and sit as often as you need to for right now. An OTC that would help (safe even for pregnant women) is Antivert or "Bonnie." It helps with nausea and vertigo. You can get it anywhere.