Notices

Day One

Old 01-28-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One

Hello, Well I am not feeling all that well today and I believe I will be heading off to bed shortly but first I want to say how happy it made me to find this support community. I did enjoy sobriety for eight years in the past so I know how much better life can be. Unfortunately I have been drinking for the last eight years as well. It is true what they say about the disease grows with time and I am not fooling myself that I have my work cut out for me. I received some not so good news about my finances Wednesday and rather then deal with it I headed to the liquor store and bought Two half gallon bottles of vodka. I drank all but two inches in the last bottle and I dumped that down the kitchen sink this morning. Needless to say I am not in very good shape today but I have to find my way back or die it is as simple as that. So here I am. Hopefully I will be more coherent in a couple days. I just needed to make that first move and introduce myself.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome to SR. Glad to have you here.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR
good to have you here finmywayback

D
Old 01-28-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're here and have decided to get sober again!

Finding this forum was a Godsend for me.... I know you'll find the same inspiration and support here that I did. You can do this! Things are going to get better - just be careful and go to a doc or ER if you need to.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Fin. This is an awesome place! Post and read as much as you can. You will find friendship, strength, and support here.

God bless.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think I will be 0k; I just can’t stray to far from the lavatory. I wonder if there is anything I can drink that will help flush my system, does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe something that is good for the liver for a change! I do not have health insurance right now so I am not going to the DR’s or rehab if I can help it. I should straighten up in a few days that’s when the real work is going to begin. I am glad this post my help someone not to go back out there, it is not worth it and to hard to find ones way back.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello Finmywayback! I hope you'll benefit from SR as much as I have. I was lost before I came here, totally alone with my nightmare. It meant so much to open up and share my feelings with people who understood what I was going through.

I had some sober years also, then started up again for 7 more years - so I understand how you must feel. I spiraled downward very quickly the last time. I know I can't ever go back to that sick life I used to lead. I'm so glad you found us - we're happy to have you as part of the family. You can get your life back and turn everything around.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Fin. We're here for ya
Old 01-28-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, Fin....the people here are great, and very supportive. You can try drinking Gatorade, I found that helped a little, but I hope you dont have a very bad detox...Congratulations on deciding to quit.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Adding you to my prayer list, Fin. Always here whenever you need me/us. We've been where you are and totally understand. Keep coming back. You will find much support here.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I stopped for a week after my 34th birthday and somehow graduated from beer to vodka. Something strange about going back after a break.