SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feel like a new person (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/247274-feel-like-new-person.html)

justhadenough 01-28-2012 08:36 AM

Feel like a new person

I just want to thank all the people on SR who have helped me, directly and indirectly since I decided to become sober. I'm on day 26 and it has been quite a journey and no doubt will continue to be so.

I feel physically and mentally better than I have in years. I've realized just how much I had let myself go over the last few years, grooming wise etc so went to the hairdressers today. Feel amazing with new hair!! Also looking in the mirror a different person looks back at me-no bloat, less redness, bright eyed. Even my nose looks slimmer, if that doesn't sound weird!! It's an incentive in itself to carry on with this.

Thanks again everyone for all your inspiration, support and guidance.xx

keltie 01-28-2012 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by justhadenough (Post 3259468)
I just want to thank all the people on SR who have helped me, directly and indirectly since I decided to become sober. I'm on day 26 and it has been quite a journey and no doubt will continue to be so.

I feel physically and mentally better than I have in years. I've realized just how much I had let myself go over the last few years, grooming wise etc so went to the hairdressers today. Feel amazing with new hair!! Also looking in the mirror a different person looks back at me-no bloat, less redness, bright eyed. Even my nose looks slimmer, if that doesn't sound weird!! It's an incentive in itself to carry on with this.

YAY for new hair- the cure that can help everything!! :c031:

Marius76 01-28-2012 08:47 AM

Good on you! It's so great to see such positive results through not drinking for nearly a month, it's the same with me (still need a hair cut though), it makes you think how bad it was poisoning our bodies for so long, this is how we are meant to feel!

bostonluv 01-28-2012 08:48 AM

Aww...how sweet! Yea! I'm so glad you are pleased with your hair. Time to feel sexy again.

:scoregood

stepping 01-28-2012 08:52 AM

Awesome enough!!

LOL about your nose. I noticed that too when I stopped drinking..too funny, made me giggle :)

Keep up the awesome attitude and keep going; it gets better and better :)

justhadenough 01-28-2012 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by stepping (Post 3259485)
Awesome enough!!

LOL about your nose. I noticed that too when I stopped drinking..too funny, made me giggle :)

Keep up the awesome attitude and keep going; it gets better and better :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone

Glad I wasn't imagining about the nose Stepping!!

artsoul 01-28-2012 03:38 PM

That's great to hear!:c031: Congratulations - you've worked hard, so it's wonderful to hear you're enjoying the benefits!

smartblonde 01-28-2012 04:50 PM

It's funny how sometimes vanity can keep us going!

I remember when I quit smoking it was because I was listening to an old lady talk, who had clearly smoked her whole life, and thinking to myself,"OMG, I *never*want my voice to sound like that!" The thought of my lungs turning black wasn't really causing me much concern but having wrinkles around my lips and getting a deep, raspy voice....well, that did it! LOL

ElegantlyWasted 01-28-2012 05:00 PM

Awesome...! 20 days behind ya. I can relate to a little vanity and the bloat. We're human (arrrrgh!)

FlyerFan 01-28-2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by justhadenough (Post 3259468)

That's great. :) Isn't it amazing what we can do with ourselves when were not wasted? Heck I even manage to get the housework done now, lol!

jocata 01-28-2012 05:51 PM

Glad you are doing so well hadenough.

Miracles seem to happen on this site everyday.

God bless.