Notices

The first 30 days

Old 01-27-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The first 30 days

I don't think I ever in my life quit drinking for 30days.

What I do know is I haven't drank since SUNDAY, and I have been eating copious amounts of take out food for the last FIVE DAYS

Im SOBER, and now IM FAT. Awesome

Friday is here, and I have alienated myself from the DRINKING CREW so I am holed up watching Movies at my place.

I feel like I need to CUT everyone off if Im going to try to attempt to not drink.

IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE
Old 01-27-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

IMO do what you must to not drink. Get out and go to a meeting perhaps. You can cut yourself off from your drinking buddies if that's what you need to do-a lot of people have issues with this, your certainly not alone.
Just don't drink
Old 01-27-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Clean the house, go to the car wash, go shopping, walking, cooking, out for food, get a dog, build a model, learn how to make and edit great videos and post them on youtube, make a blog and write. Endless stuff you can do.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 21 for me and despite abandoning my drinking buddies, I think it's more than worth it because every area of my life has improved: job, health, family (real family - not the drinking friends kind) and I am willing to give up those toxic friendships to gain everything else. Some will disagree but I don't think that I, personally, can have it both ways. That is to say, get black out drunk daily and maintain/improve my career/health/family-relationships.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's possible - there's hundreds of people here as proof of that.

It's not easy - and sometimes it can be really difficult - and it really does involve changes...but it's still worth it to me.

I gave up alcohol and got my life back - that was more than a fair swap to me.

Lean on the support you'll find here SNW - do you have any real life support as well?

D
Old 01-27-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's not impossible. You can do it! It will get better. Hang in there.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 58 for me. The first week was the hardest, I found, but things got better and better and by now I'm feeling pretty good.

One thing I did to get me through the beginning was to imagine I had a very wise sponsor, and would ask him what I should do when confronted with a decision. He'd say something like, "First things first," or "easy does it."

If you can't imagine a wise sponsor you might want to attend AA and get an actual person, or alternatively try RR, which is what I used, in addition to my imaginary friend.

Things do get better - you can do it!