Notices

Daily Sobereity what a stress reliever.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Daily Sobereity what a stress reliever.

Good morning SR ,

I just had a wonderful morning meditation and reading, while a blanket of light fluffy snow falls here. Well its friday and the last weekend of this month. The first month of 2012. Lets enjoy it.

As an alcoholic I carried that awful load not only on my shoulder but on my chest, back, and over my entire body. Its taken time and work on my rigorous honesty to really see myself as that lair,cheat, and thief. I always considered myself a good person , and credit to myself I am . But , I wasnt being that person I just lived another lie. I lied constantly about anything and everything. I couldnt even tell what was true or made up. It is such awesome feeling today to just talk and when I see someone not have to wonder what I said or did last time I saw them. I can walk freely and now have pleasant surprise instead of those " ohhh f***" moments. So I was barley living in that state, until I found going to AA and working my program and getting honest with myself and others . So now I can rid myself of that unbelievable weight I carried on myself, and tried to pawn off on others. Everyday feels lighter and lighter I even breath easier.

Today's meditation topic is just so at peace with this feeling . I believe that in the spiritual world, as in the material world, there is no empty space. As fears and worries and resentments depart out of my life, the things of the spirit come in to take their places. Calm comes after a strom. As I am rid of those fears and hates and selfishness, my Gods love and peace and calm can come in.

And finally these are a couple things I have read and heard also that keep me moving forward and remind me of the good things to keep arriving in my life when I keep choosing the right path.

"It took several years , but I learned to be grateful for my alcoholism and the program of recovery it forced me into, for all the things that had happened to me and for me, for a life today that transcends and far exceeds anything that I had previously known. I could not have that today if I had not experienced all the yesterdays..... Adversity truly introduces us to ourselves. But we need never deal with our adversities alone as long as we can find another alcoholic in a meeting of AA. "

For me it is a relief and joy now to be a part of the fellowship. I am truly honored and will give back as long as I live. I lived as the most popular loner that I knew. Not today I have true friends and dont have to think I am doing everything on my own. I have my Higher Power with me now.

Everyone please enjoy today.

Good love, Inda
Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I really enjoy reading your posts. You should be a writer-you've just got that way of putting things down and getting across to people

Its snowing here too which is magical!

I also feel lighter each day and realize years on anti d's, valium, feeling down etc was just masking the real problem which was a drinking problem
Old 01-27-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Inda. Love the part about how "adversity introduces us to ourselves."

I need to remember that when the tough times come. Sometimes I can, most of the time I don't. Thank God it's progress, not perfection.

God bless.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

THANK YOU! I just started a journal of my thoughts as I was reading your post. I think you have just changed my life! I am on day one, foggy head, a little dizzy and hoping time will make me feel a little better so I can enjoy today! I want to find my higher power, but I seem to keep letting him down and the guilt keeps me bottling everything up...so i drink. I will work on me today and tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thank you , this journey is a beautiful ride.

I just came by to state that I read and meditate every morning. With 3 books BB,24hr book, and Daily Reflections. I then come and write from those and simply apply how is was for me and is now. Someone thought I wasnt giving enough credit I guess to these books which of course was never my intention.

So many of you guys that have known me for awhile know my ritual , but for anyone new or just doesnt know these books they are for me tremendous tools in my recovery. And I you like it give it try and come and post also.

Keep reading and posting I love it.

Good love, Inda
Old 01-27-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
I really enjoy reading your posts. You should be a writer-you've just got that way of putting things down and getting across to people

Its snowing here too which is magical!

I also feel lighter each day and realize years on anti d's, valium, feeling down etc was just masking the real problem which was a drinking problem
I totally agree!! You should write!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Inda,
great post. Coming up to 8 months sober and I am so grateful for having peace of mind at last.

Before becoming sober I couldn't,t stand to be alone with my thoughts and would block them out in the morning by listening to the news!I had to have the news going constantly.
Now I hate listening to the news,being bombarded with horror stories 24/7 isn't helping me or anyone. I have subscribed to 365 live radio and listen to wonderful beautiful, music while on SR reading and posting. Reading the daily meditation put up on the board by Veritas gives me something to contemplate and boy am I grateful.

Have a great day everyone.

CaiHong