SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Off the Pity Pot Mycool (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/247124-off-pity-pot-mycool.html)

MycoolFitz 01-26-2012 12:52 PM

Off the Pity Pot Mycool

I've noticed my last few treads were pretty self indulgent and that's not too healthy. Just got through playing tug of war with my pup and now he's napping. He's just in the moment and what is, is. I need to learn from him.

Anna 01-26-2012 12:55 PM

Ah, Fitz, our pets save us sometimes, don't they. :)

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Dee74 01-26-2012 01:02 PM

I dunno about self indulgent - I think everyone needs to work through stuff sometimes Fitz and they need a safe environment with people they trust to do that...I'm glad you feel you can do it here :)

D

Dee74 01-26-2012 01:03 PM

I dunno about self indulgent - I think everyone needs to work through stuff sometimes Fitz and they need a safe environment with people they trust to do that...I'm glad you feel you can do it here :)

D

sugarbear1 01-26-2012 01:15 PM

Fitz, I care about you! Venting helps.
Love,

MycoolFitz 01-26-2012 01:17 PM

Thanks, I guess what I meant was I think I was playing victim and that is not healthy for me. I also noticed I wrote tread instead of thread. Recovery is what I gain not what I lose even if what I gain is sometimes painful. I need to remember it's only life, we all get over it. SR is very significant to me, I wish I wasn't insecure about the chat room. I actually talked in group today I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

freshstart57 01-26-2012 02:18 PM

Ekhart Tolle and joined with the cartoonist who does Mutts to make a book about pets and living in the moment called 'Guardians of Being'. It is about how we can learn from our companion animals to live in the moment and to accept what is. I liked it.

katrinka 01-26-2012 02:21 PM

I know what you mean, mycool. I'm having my own little pity party here, too.

MycoolFitz 01-26-2012 02:28 PM

I try to be in the moment Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated that that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.
Sylvia Boorstein

But I'm not very good at it. I am doing new therapy for My anxiety, depression and PTSD. Drinking was such an easy way not to feel but not feeling wasn't living and I might as well live while I'm alive. Again, thank you all, you mean a great deal to me.

Luckyv2 01-26-2012 03:12 PM

Glad that you are feeling a little bit better now.

I have a Dog myself and he has taught me a lot of things over the last 6 years. I don't know what I would do without him.

jocata 01-26-2012 08:59 PM

I get on that pity-pot too Fitz. We all do. I think the good thing is, we recognize it now for what it is. It helps getting on here and getting it out. The wisdom and feedback here remind me that I'm not alone in my feelings, and I gain new perspective.

Hang in there.

God bless.

raindancer11 01-26-2012 09:16 PM

Good to see you posting, Fitz. Your thoughts have always helped me. I'm just now experiencing in tiny moments of what the real unpleasant experience is and how much suffering I tack on to that. Looks like you're moving through it (or it's moving through you) as it should.