SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Update On Bill The Cat (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/247100-update-bill-cat.html)

flamingredhair 01-26-2012 07:10 AM

Update On Bill The Cat

Dropped him off at the vet for his first insulin injection. I feel better. They made me feel better. I think giving the injections is going to be easier than I thought. And they took some of the anxiety away.

Bill was screaming mad. He also left a big pile of stinky poop on the exam table so I guess we know what he thinks of all this.

Thanks to everyone who helped last night with kind words and great advice. I had a sleepless night but I feel better today.

Opivotal 01-26-2012 08:28 AM

Hi flamingredhair! My kitty had diabetes and I had to give him 2 shots a day. I was scared at first, but after doing it a few times, it became easier. If you don't make a big deal of it ,your Kitty won't either. Plus, your Bill will be much calmer at home, then the Vet's office.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need support. :)

Best Wishes To You!

flamingredhair 01-26-2012 08:32 AM

Thank you! And I'm sure he will be much calmer at home. In any case, I will be giving him an injection tonight.

They are observing him today. I feel good about that.

GirlFromCO 01-26-2012 10:49 AM

So glad you're feeling better and Bill is on his way to feeling better too! I have five kitties and I freak out whenever one of them gets sick :( Not a good feeling.

Lenina 01-26-2012 10:57 AM

Flaming red,

My friend had an insulin dependant cat who lived a long, happy life. I think the cat was named Marx. Anyway, Marx wasn't bothered by the shots after a very short time. good luck and I'm so happy your cat is being treated. Bill sound like a real character, cats are so very articulate. nothing says displeasure like a big, steaming pile!

Love from Lenina

Anna 01-26-2012 01:18 PM

Flaming, I'm glad you're feeling better.

I had to give my cat injections of saline for a week or so before she died and I was so scared I would hurt her. But, after the first time, it was much easier.

I'm glad your cat is on the road to improved health.

jocata 01-26-2012 01:35 PM

Glad everything is going better for you red. Hooray for Bill!

God bless.

Dee74 01-26-2012 01:41 PM

hugs for you and Bill :)

D

flamingredhair 01-26-2012 03:40 PM

The strict feeding schedule is going to be trying to say the least, lol.

I will be giving him his injection tonight for the first time.

chicory 01-26-2012 03:48 PM

I am glad that your vet made you feel more comfortable. that is a good vet!
let us know how it goes, and if you need any help, just holler.

also that website is good, if you have any concerns or questions, there is usually always someone there available to answer any thing you might want to know.

hugs
chicory

flamingredhair 01-26-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by chicory (Post 3257615)
I am glad that your vet made you feel more comfortable. that is a good vet!
let us know how it goes, and if you need any help, just holler.

also that website is good, if you have any concerns or questions, there is usually always someone there available to answer any thing you might want to know.

hugs
chicory

Thank you, chicory! (And that website IS good. I've been going through it and there is a lot of good information.)