Notices

Can I live sober with every emotion.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Can I live sober with every emotion.

Good day all

I used alcohol to for everything. I used it to make me happy when I was sad, or happier when I was happy, whatever the emotion was I had to drink with it. It would always break down any barriers of shyness and nerves of things in life. As the years progressed I became that I needed alcohol now to feel better physically. Through my 30's it was needed to drink in the morning to move and try to control the tremors. A couple of shots would slow them but they still were always there. I drank to help mentally to forget the things I have done and the love I lost. As this was the only way I knew life every day. Wake drink if I had work go to it and drink threw that also, then go out with everyone or by myself after work to the all mighty "social club" the corner bar. Where god forbid I miss a day of what happened there. So I always thought I felt better and did everything better with that buzz. But of course that buzz became such a tiny tiny window that I was either hungover and sick or just drunk. It was that I was completely depended on alcohol for everything in life.Through my program I have become able to learn tools and a way of life with that awful liquid that was just trying to destroy me. I know longer care what the hell happens at the bars I had to be at each day. I love this gift I have been given and hope to keep growing and never to return to the hell that my life became. Dont ever leave till the miracle happens, is what I was told and contiue to do as little pieces are exposed daily.

As always thank you for reading and keep enjoying the gift of sobriety from day 1 on. There is a beautiful story of the old timer to the new timer. When the newcomer approaches the old timer in awe of his years . The old timer slams his hand down like a gavel and say I will trade you right now my 30 years for your 30 days. He knew what the newcomer has not yet learned that the true happiness is in the journey not the destination. Lets all enjoy the journey. :ghug3

Good love, Inda
Old 01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well another beautiful 24hrs.

Good nite all.

Good love, Inda
Old 01-24-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My dear friend- Your spirituallity is so inspiring! Your recovery is coming along so nicely. I love that story at the end of your post about the journey. I often forget life is not meant to hit a destination. I have to remind myself when times get hairy, there are things to learn and growing pains. Thank you!!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Flower111
Beautifully said!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for that India. I needed that tonight.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hi all, I just thought I would add on to this one today.

Because I had my monthly 10 mile walk to the courthouse to make a payment for my last dui , as long as I never drink that 3 rd one will be my last. I got it in June of 2010.

It seems to rain every month on courtday, lol . Today freezing rain but sunny in my heart. Cause I am still sober and this time , the judge released me to pay over the phone. After ten months of walking there. Yippppie. 500 dollars left ,out of 4,000.

Never want to see another judge as long as I lived, I said that before but went to celebrate every time after leaving. Not today

Good love, Inda
Old 01-26-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Inda, I loved your post. Thank you so much for sharing those thoughts. It was very uplifting & positive. I needed a dose of that today too

I was like you - no matter what the emotion, I doused it with alcohol. No wonder I never learned to cope with reality. I'm so thankful we aren't spending the rest of our lives in an alcoholic fog. I had 3 dui's too. I know how good you feel seeing that whole nightmare come to an end. Very proud of you for taking charge of your life and throwing away that crutch.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Inda
You sound great, your post lifted my spirt. I am so happy for you
Old 01-26-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you, Inda. What a help your post was to me today!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Beautiful, Inda. Thank you. I needed the reminder that the joy is in the journey.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Inda you certainly know how to lift a persons spirit. You are doing fantastic. Thanks