Notices

Speechless

Old 01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ovrock,

I am so sorry to hear that you relapsed. Most of us have been there (me, after 8 years and again after 9 years sobriety). I think I know how badly you feel. Remember how you feel right now - the thought of not wanting to feel that disappointed in myself is a major part of keeping me sober. Get back on the horse right now. Bless you.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of your advice and words of encouragement. I am really tired. Going to bed now. Nothing changed since my last post this evening. Mouth still dry, still sweating a bit. My body took a pretty good beating this week

Going to wake up tomorrow and clean the mess in my apartment. I had NO energy to do it before... Thanks again SR..
Old 01-29-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sending love and support, it took me a while to learn the hard way too. I have followed your posts and have got inspiration from your journey...now you need to lean on others. I hope you feel better soon, take care....
Old 01-29-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Memberado

Originally Posted by ovrock View Post
Don't know what to say... I have been drinking since Saturday. I am in a really deep hole this time. This is the worst I have ever been...
I don't know if this will do anything for you, but I always think of the following when I am about to pick up a glass these days.

In a post, here on the forum, a fellow member said to someone who was drinking and being reckless according to his own accounts: "Let me ask you one question: are you done yet? You know that someone like me or you drinking to solve our problems, that's about as useful as it would have been to rearrange the seating on the top deck of the Titanic while it was sinking."

You have to pull the plug. I had to move to a different country and city and get rid of my old life entirely to avoid all temptation. Maybe it's time you got radical?
Old 01-29-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

welcome back ovrock. hang in there. no regrets...it's over and don't look back. start walking towards recovery...