Notices

Celebration!

Old 01-25-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Smile Celebration!

Boy this area of the forum is dismal! With that said, I'll be approaching my 30 days soon!

Does anyone have any good ideas for ways that me and my husband can celebrate? I'd love to hear your ideas! Also, it'd be cool if it was something we could make a sort of tradition of for future anniversaries.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MINEr

Congrats!!!! Celebrate by not drinking. Maybe sit down with your husband and tell him all the things you are grateful for in your sobriety, or all the wonderful things you notice about each other now that you don't drink. A good meal and some loving couldn't hurt either.

camedown
Old 01-25-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

ha! Well we will definitely not be drinking. Some loving, huh? I think I can accomplish that. We eat out a lot so it's not so special. Maybe somewhere nice where we haven't been though. I really like the grateful idea. I'll think about it. Thanks!!

P.S. - LOVE your avatar!! (Kenny or Kyle's dad?)
Old 01-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sobriety ;-)

How about:

The Best Romantic Getaways in Colorado - Resorts, Secluded Spots, Cabins & more.

This sounds nice: Secluded Cabins in Colorado: The Conejos River Canyon Vacation Cabin Rental is a romantic log cabin rental in Southern Colorado. You'll love the peace & quiet, wood burning stove and jet tub.

Romantic Colorado Spa Resort A Romantic Colorado Spa Resort: The Springs Resort overlooks the San Juan river and is an oasis of relaxation and romance. The resort features 18 different therapeutic mineral soaking pools, full spa services and deluxe accommodations.

They've got romance packages perfect for weddings, honeymoons and anniversaries too. And with Wolf Creek Ski Area just a short distance away, this could be a very romantic Colorado winter vacation.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MINEr

Originally Posted by Lost3000 View Post
ha! Well we will definitely not be drinking. Some loving, huh? I think I can accomplish that. We eat out a lot so it's not so special. Maybe somewhere nice where we haven't been though. I really like the grateful idea. I'll think about it. Thanks!!

P.S. - LOVE your avatar!! (Kenny or Kyle's dad?)
Stan's dad, Randy Marsh. He used to be holding a can of beer, then I quit and had an online friend change it to a bottled water, Desani I think.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

what about doing something that would have not been possible when you were drinking. For me listening to the birds when I wake up with a clear head is a miracle. I am still getting my garage/shed together and it's been 8 months.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

YAY!!! I am so happy & proud of you, Lost!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I celebrated some of my milestones making lists of the things I have become grateful for in recovery.. sometimes really silly little things, but also major things too. I haven't done that in a long time, but I remember those early milestones being really important, and I was thankful for every one of them.

As time went by, (in terms of acknowledgement from my husband), I became less comfortable with 'celebration'. We went to dinner around my 3 month and I think my one year.. 2 years he wrote me a couple of beautiful cards about how proud he was of me.. we talked briefly about going out to dinner somewhere new, but at this point in my recovery.. I just feel like I'm living an honest good life, like a lot of people do.. I don't need an 'atta girl!' about it, it just feels like it's how things should be.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job Lost! That is awesome!

Keep it up.

God bless.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by instant View Post
what about doing something that would have not been possible when you were drinking. For me listening to the birds when I wake up with a clear head is a miracle. I am still getting my garage/shed together and it's been 8 months.
Ahhh, a sunrise. My favorite these days. I'll plan on waking up extra early that day, maybe take a walk. Thanks for that idea!

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
YAY!!! I am so happy & proud of you, Lost!
Thanks Girl, thanks so much.

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
I celebrated some of my milestones making lists of the things I have become grateful for in recovery...

...I don't need an 'atta girl!' about it, it just feels like it's how things should be.
I love that idea, I'll make a point of journaling. I sure hope my life becomes more "normal", where I don't have to think about it much but just live.

So dang, I tried multi-quote but ended up only multi-quoting some of you guys.

To camedown: Have you seen the episode about Broadway, they are using subliminal language in the shows to coerce the wives into giving BJ's to the husbands?? Hilarious. Love South Park!!!

To NewBeginning010: Awesome idea!!! Probably won't work for my 30 days, but my 3 mos. or 6 mos. maybe!!!

To jocata: Aww, thanks.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lost3000,

I am so happy for you! Your husband sounds great for supporting you - your gift to you is not living in hell anymore, and I would say that goes for your husband too. Think of somewhere/something you have never done before, and do it. Skydiving, maybe? That is more of a rush than you will ever find at the end of a bottle.... Congratulations!!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by sissy07 View Post
Lost3000,

I am so happy for you! Your husband sounds great for supporting you - your gift to you is not living in hell anymore, and I would say that goes for your husband too. Think of somewhere/something you have never done before, and do it. Skydiving, maybe? That is more of a rush than you will ever find at the end of a bottle.... Congratulations!!!!
OMG are you crazy!?! LOL!!

Um, a little more tame would be good. I was thinking about waking up extra early and watching the sunrise for starters. Maybe another time I'll do sky diving!!!

P.S. - You are a doll sissy, thanks for your encouragement and spunk!!