Notices

this is dumb

Old 01-25-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

this is dumb

I dont feel supported, i hate these threads. Most of it is religious and people that are sober telling you how to do things.. I dont get it and i dont like it. stop talking about AA . Would help so many if you didnt refer everyone onto them. Majority of people will not seek their support. just be realistic. many are not sociable and the idea of being sociable in AA is scary. Im leaving this forum its been no help
Old 01-25-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello wino, sorry you feel that way. We are just passing on what works for us. You can take it or leave it. This is life and death for us, not a game. If you don't like AA, find something else, there is plenty of other programs out there.

Wishing you the best.,

God bless.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There are a lot of people on this board that have quit with different methods besides AA. People are going to share what has worked for them, it's up to you to choose what works for you. I hope you decide to stick around and utilize the information that is available here, if not pursue help somewhere else. Good luck.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

im sorry too that i dont believe in AA. I have worked in palliative care for the last year. Trust me, my religion has been a question and at the forefront of my mind.. i see people go into the chapel seeking help. many that dont seek the chapel are good people.....what the frig is the point of us???? I dont think anyone knows.. This is my concern mabye meant for another forum.....i m not sure but i need help.. I have seen death too much, to say they all go to heaven unless they dont believe in it is bullcrap. `what about good people? and beutiful adoring pets....ive been told they are just here for us and turn to dust... i want to smasck that c*** in the face who said that...pets are better than people

sorry... just i need someone to explain religion to me coz im not getting it.......im drunk....
someone have a scientific and rational explanation as to how pets can be treated like ****... and how those people could be forgiven..that rip their heads off or whatever (look up melbourne australia news) i want to learn gods language
make it make sense to me please!?
Old 01-25-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

my point is drunk or whatever, im ashamed to be human!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

wow please dont delete that it will remind me what a shameful drunk i am lol..i admire my passion towards making life btter for animals... how i go about it ...not so good. shut up sal someone push an arrow hard into my face and make it die! make my face and soul die!! make everything about me not exist
Old 01-25-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You sound just like me when I started (you know, that group that sounds like the first letter of the alphabet said twice) **.

It's a process and I had to begin the process. I had to put my best thinking and rationalizing and analyzing aside and start to do what the others who had been sober for years were doing.
It was my choice... and it was a hard choice. Inside I knew if I didn't do it, that I was going to die. Probably by the handgun in the glovebox of my car.

I wish you the best wino5.

Bob R.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

I don't read every single post on here, but 99.999% of the 12 step related ones that i do read are nothing more than people sharing what has worked for them. There are other people who post about other methods that have worked for them as well.

Whatever issues you have are entirely on you. Not trying to be a dick, just being honest from my point of view. This particular forum is about as respectful and compassionate as you could possibly be in an anonyomous internet setting.

You do know that there are other forums within this website that address secular recovery and similar topics?
Old 01-25-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wino5 View Post
sorry... just i need someone to explain religion to me coz im not getting it.......im drunk....
I'm not a real religous person...Spritual..Yes. I did stop drinking by the program of AA. It's hard to explain anything to someone that is drunk....I know that from experience...I was one. Clear your head up a little...Would love to chat with you about it sometime.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How can we best support you? We choose sobriety because without it, we are in danger of loosing all we love, including our lives. We share what works for us. If you choose sobriety, what do you think will work for you and how can we provide that support?
Good luck on your unique path.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

im sorry too that i dont believe in AA. I have worked in palliative care for the last year. Trust me, my religion has been a question and at the forefront of my mind.. i see people go into the chapel seeking help. many that dont seek the chapel are good people.....what the frig is the point of us???? I dont think anyone knows.. This is my concern mabye meant for another forum.....i m not sure but i need help.. I have seen death too much, to say they all go to heaven unless they dont believe in it is bullcrap. `what about good people? and beutiful adoring pets....ive been told they are just here for us and turn to dust... i want to smasck that c*** in the face who said that...pets are better than people

someone have a scientific and rational explanation as to how pets can be treated like ****... and how those people could be forgiven..that rip their heads off or whatever (look up melbourne australia news) i want to learn gods language
Hey wino5, you don't have to be religious to go to AA. I am agnostic at best and have received much help from AA. I haven't started working the steps accept for maybe step 1. Step 2 and 3 scare me. But I go and listen and talk to like minded people who know what I am going through. I take the tools that I can use and leave the ones I can't or don't want. Nobody judges, just like here. That being said, there are plenty of other options out there. Hang in there.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is a forum to give support on addiction. To give strength to each other. To tell others what has worked or not worked. I am not alone when I am here. Religion? That one is on you. This isn't the place. I see death and illness all day long. Working around death can be emotionally draining. Perhaps its too much for you.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I go to AA and I don't share, I just listen and clap. I come here and read...sometimes I post when I feel I can add to the topic. But reading and listening have been great. I'm not "religious" either.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Try and get some sleep and to not push any arrows into your face and/or soul, and check back here tomorrow before you drink.

The things people say may fall into place better.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I sometimes get a perception from devoutly religious and/or AA people that they have found the path and I am digging in the garbage. They're going to heaven and I'm going somewhere else. It's beyond patronizing. I know that's not usually the impression that they are trying to give but there it is. Human nature is a bitch. I've been sober for 89 days (*****!) and fear of AA is one of my "tools".

Look for the good, Wino5, you just might find it!

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints..."
Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
MINEr

AA is a sobriety program I use to keep me from drinking. It is fact that if I have another drink, I will die. I don't want to die, and will do anything to stop, even if it involves sacrificing long held beliefs. Funny thing is, one of the main parts of the AA program is sacrificing long held beliefs, go figure. If you're one bit the alcoholic I am, your only ends are a prison, a hospital, a morgue, or a recovery program. I hope you find your way to the last one. Best of luck.

camedown
Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
There is a secular connections forum here on Sober Recovery for non-12-Step approaches.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I don't do AA, and I'm sober and loving it. Lots of us here don't do AA. There are many paths to recovery.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MINEr

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
I don't do AA, and I'm sober and loving it. Lots of us here don't do AA. There are many paths to recovery.
R&A is right, there are many paths, not just AA. The important part is to be willing to start the journey and make it a lifetime commitment.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

If your job is causing you this much agony, perhaps it's time to start looking for a new one?