Notices

Depending on something other than alcohol

Old 01-25-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Depending on something other than alcohol

Hello and good morning SR friends and family,

A nice morning as the sun rose today, reading and meditating this all continues from yesterdays thread. As my drinking career extended in my life the effects and outcomes of drinking just got worse and worse , instead of ever making anything better. As my health declined, I was seemly to always be in front of a judge, with no job, no car, no money, and had become someone with just that shell and no real self-worth. But, I still stuck that "friend" the drink to save me .My drinking was a full time job and obession. But now that I have come to surrender and I came into the program of AA I have been able to find a new outlook on life. With the learning and training of turning that alcoholic mind into one of sober thinking. Making every day worth something positive and something just free of that bondage. I am trying to learn this life without that depended on alcohol to get anything done. And in doing so I am finding my Higher Power to help me along that wonderful journey. Each day is just a new day of learning about myself and good or bad I can work on me, and in doing so like myself again.

So with that today I pray I may build up instead of tearing down. I pary that I may be constructive and not destructive. I have simply started right from the bottom and thats okay. This alcoholic needed to lose everything over and over before I could come to grips that I wanted to live and not die. The past is my past and is what gives me my story to share with another, and in doing so I pray that I can help at least one other often as possible. :ghug3

Enjoy today one day at a time is how we get threw this.

Good love, Inda
Old 01-25-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning to you Inda and thank you for the post.

I was just a shell of a human being too. Inside that shell was guilt, shame, self-pity, self-condemnation,loathing. It was an absolutely horrible existence. But I am so glad I went through it, because I needed it to get to where I am today. Without all that garbage I wouldn't have the motivation to become the person that I want to be. Our past can become our greatest asset to someone else who is suffering.

Have an awesome day!

God bless.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

For sure jocata ,

It is such a relief to live a little now and be of use.

You have a awesome day as well.

Good love, Inda