Notices

New and don't really know where to begin..

Old 01-24-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and don't really know where to begin..

There is probably already a thread for new comers so sorry for posting but I'm still trying to learn to navigate this site.
Anyways, I'm a 25 year old mother of 2. I got married in July and I work full time doing office work. I have a pretty normal life I guess, besides my problem with alcohol.
I think I've drank almost everyday since I was 16. When I was younger I figured it was normal to drink the way I did because I was partying and everyone else I knew drank a lot too but then I realized I was drinking any chance I could get. I would drink inthe morning, I would drink by myself, I would go to work drunk, and then I started sneaking the alchohol. Every ex boyfriend I've ever had was an alcoholic too and my husband is as well. We drink hard alch every night. I'm really scared that I'm going to have a rude awakening one day and end up with serious illness or getting in a bad car accid ent. My daughter sees us drink and she now calls it "yucky juice." We will spend every dime we have just to get more alch. I feel like crap everyday when I go to work hungover..there are just so many negatives but I can't seem to stop. This is my first step.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome. Coming here is a great first step. But there are a lot of steps to recovery. Read the stickies at the top of the page, read lots of posts and think about what step two is going to be. That usually means identifying and following a recovery plan. AA is an option. There are others.

If you have been drinking heavily, you might want to speak with a medical professional about detoxing.

Again, welcome to SR.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is a great place to start. Sobriety is pretty rocky at first, but it's better than continuing down that dark path that only gets worse.

A recovery program helps you stay sober and gives you tools to deal with everyday life so you won't feel as if you have to drink.

Glad you are here.

God bless.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR...quitting isn't easy, but it is so worth it!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We have to live one day at a time, just stay sober just for today