Notices

Hi Y'all!

Old 01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Y'all!

Hi everyone. I haven't been on Sr in a while.

I recently celebrated 5 years clean and sober. This last year has been a real doozie!

I had major neck surgery 13 months ago and it has been a real challenge. While I was tempted at times, I did not relapse on the pills. God's grace for sure!

Now I am physically addicted to the Ultram. I don't abuse it but my body sure doesn't know that.

I still have 5 months before my neck is completely fused and I still have quite a bit of pain. I'm not sure if I should try to get off the Ultram now or wait until then. I know, I know....I need to talk to my dr.

There is something about detoxing in sobriety that really messes with my head. I feel I have done something wrong.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tanya,

It's good to see you.

Nobody wants to be in pain, so as long as you're following the drs instructions, it's all good, in my opinion. And, yeah, you should talk to your dr if you want to get off the drugs.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna! Good to "see" you!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on the 5 years Tan
Definitely do have a word with your Dr IMO

D
Old 01-24-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Yay Tanya! You visited us! Congrats on your 5 yrs. I am praying for you & your Doc to make the very best decision for your to safely get off the ultram. i am so proud of you, that is one of my fears, being in pain and needing pain meds. Good thing I do not have to face that today.

Happy 5 years! HUGS! Lily
Old 01-24-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lovely to see you here, Tanya. Sorry for all that you've been through. I'm glad it's behind you now. Way to go on 5 years - that's amazing!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

chances are I haven't seen the last of the surgeries. I'm hoping after at 18 months postop that if my neck is properly fused that I can have some of the hardware removed. It's just painful.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's God...all God! There is NO freaking possible way I could take pain pills as prescribed before I worked the steps. I'm beyond blessed!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Tanya))) - Wow, it is sooooo great to see you!! Congratulations on 5 years - that is huge!

I'm sorry about the surgery, but I agree with ((Anna)) - being in recovery doesn't mean you should suffer in pain. You've got your head on straight, you're working with your doctor, so me thinks you are just doing fine

Hugs and prayers,

Amy