Notices

I need a reason to quit using

Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
I could have written this post. I also feel like the pills help me- make me happier, more productive, etc. I suffer from major depression as well, and these help more than any anti depressant. My script ran out though and the last week I have stolen pills from friends and family. That can't be normal I feel like if I had an unlimited script I would never quit. I keep thinking I would never let it get worse, I would never do heroin etc...but I find myself wondering if anyone I know has any connections. I have to trust those on here that have been where I am and taken it that extra step to nowhere and trust that will be me if I don't quit.
Aeo: how are you today? you hangin in there?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It is widely accepted one must surrender completely and decend fully before you can climb up & out and start the healing process. Admitting complete defeat .
Old 01-26-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1_day@_a_time View Post
It is widely accepted one must surrender completely and decend fully before you can climb up & out and start the healing process. Admitting complete defeat .
I guess I'm too new at all this to really understand that. I will get books from the library to do some reading soon.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I'm here--thanks for asking
Old 01-26-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Julz

Hey Galfriday, I think I had flashbacks when I read ur thread!! I was totally you about 5 years ago!! I was using oxys. They made my life so much easier. I was able to be a more productive wife/mom etc..Untill I was starting to have to buy them, then steal for them, then I was introduced to heroin. And believe me when i tell you, if you knew me, youd never think I would ever be the type to use heroin. But I did, because it was so much cheaper and easy to get. Then before long, i was using intravenously. I never thought that would happen. But it did, and it almost completely ruined my life. I temporarily lost my babies, I lost my job, my home, my car, I lost everything! I went to a couple rehabs before i started getting my life back on track. The only thing that worked for me was to go to a methadone clinic and very VERY slowly wean down and off. It was just to hard for me to stop using so that is what worked for me. But what worked for me might not work for you, just a suggestion..
Any who, my point is, that you gotta try to get a hold on these damned OC's before they totally ruin your life. Im not trying to scare you, i just dont want to think of what happened to me, to happen to ANYONE else. You should reach out for some professional help, not only to save yourself, but for your baby. If you eventually cant take care of yourself, you cant take care of your lil' guy.
Im so sorry if I may have scared you, thats not my intention. I just want to help a fellow motheer in need. Best of luck to you, please reach out to me if youd like to talk on here!!

Julz
Old 01-26-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
I could have written this post. I also feel like the pills help me- make me happier, more productive, etc. I suffer from major depression as well, and these help more than any anti depressant. My script ran out though and the last week I have stolen pills from friends and family. That can't be normal I feel like if I had an unlimited script I would never quit. I keep thinking I would never let it get worse, I would never do heroin etc...but I find myself wondering if anyone I know has any connections. I have to trust those on here that have been where I am and taken it that extra step to nowhere and trust that will be me if I don't quit.
This is me. Strangely, sometimes I think it's harder for those of us who haven't suffered enough! We haven't lost everything, most people (even those closest to us) don't even know we're "on" anything, and all we see is the positive (false though it may be) effects of our drug.

I try to listen to those with advice. they say it will get worse and worse and I believe them. they say soon you will be needing the drugs to just function, and they won't give you that good feeling any more. so naturally, we have to chase it more and more, and our dosages go up, our drug seeking increases, and lots of bad things happen.

I pray that i'm strong enough to listen to the wisdom of others before it's too late.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jfrancis0626 View Post
Any who, my point is, that you gotta try to get a hold on these damned OC's before they totally ruin your life. Im not trying to scare you,

Julz
thanks for posting. I WANT to be scared. I WANT to quit while I still can and I want to know what will happen if I don't. --- Until coming to this site, I had know idea what I was getting into. I've never been around and addicted person, never thought about getting high, simply not exposed to it, and now look at me. I'm that person who needs to Detox! I did not know oxys were in the same category as heroin. I was so naive I assumed they were "safe" because they are prescribed by a doctor. I am reading and re-reading the horror stories so it will be burned into my brain.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

GF, I appreciate your candor & interest in knowing more! I have found having an open mind regardless of the topic is paramount. SO many more things are possible in my life when I get out of the way!

It has been said, search & research again & again, always with an open mind. I like the definition of open mind as a mind not occupied with self.

Many alcoholics, addicts, doctors, and addiction experts agree on the concept of surrender. It means that I must admit that my way no longer works. I have tried & tried again & again and found the path futile. I am at the end...finished.

Admitting complete defeat goes hand in hand with surrender. Note the word admit. Admit does not mean accept necessarily. I may need to admit something with reluctance initially. Acceptance is the 2nd step.

Hope this helps!