Notices

my boyfriend's in rehab

Old 01-23-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my boyfriend's in rehab

two weeks ago today i dropped my boyfriend off at a 28 day inpatient rehab. we have lived together for almost a year now and being away from him is harder than i expected. after reading many stories online i'm beginning to be very worried about the future of our relationship. his addiction to heroin was very straining on both of our lives. when he finally agreed to go to rehab, he began abusing it even more to "say goodbye" to it. if he had not made the promise to go get help, i wouldn't have been able to stay with him any longer. he began stealing money from me, using my car after i deliberately told him not to, and even asking me to take him to get drugs, which was completely out of the question. i know that getting him into rehab was the first step of a long process. he had been calling me everyday and i go see him twice a week. a few days ago the phone calls stopped. i know that he's doing some serious soul searching and i definitely don't want to interfere with his recovery but i'm so, so scared he's going to leave me when he gets out. i've stuck by his side through everything and i know he wants to get better for us but now i'm second guessing everything. i just don't know what to do or how to handle any of this. any advice?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello Kat - it's great that you found us. We want to help however we can. You might want to check out the Friends & Families of Substance Abusers forum - there will be people who've been through something similar to what you describe.

I know that I became an entirely different person when I drank - did things that were so out of character I can't believe it. I hope your boyfriend will get the help he desperately needs.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can put some of the focus on yourself and taking care of you.

Have you considered NarAnon meetings to help you?

And, as Hevyn said, do check out our Friends & Families forum.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Kat - you'll find a lot of support here

that link Hevyn gave is:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...stance-abusers

D