SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Facing the reality (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/246855-facing-reality.html)

IndaMiricale 01-23-2012 11:46 AM

Facing the reality

Well good afternoon SR friends and family. Late start for me today slept in till 1 in the afternoon. First time I have done that in a real long time. Since being sober that is, cause that was everyday in my drinking days. Stayed up late watching movies last nite, so today will surely fly. But as always waking up sober is such a wonderful thing.

It is said that alcoholics are people whose drinking got them into a "blind alley". For this alcoholic there this couldnt be more true. I was not able to learn from my drinking experiences. I keep the insanity of it up while always making the same mistakes over and over and expecting a different result. Although I didnt refuse to say I was an alcoholic I did refuse to truly admit that I could not live with out it. I constantly tried to handle it , like so many change drinks, tell myself only 6 or the old just one more. I honestly was scared to death to even think of life without this "friend" that is just killing me . I still dont know how it happened but I woke up and said try it , try being sober for once . So I called someone I knew in AA and started this journey. My god doing for me what I could not do for myself, is what I know now happened. :)

So today I meditated and prayed for that I can continue to get myself out of the way, so the my god's power may flow in. I pray that I may surrender myself daily to that power. Because I know my way just doesnt work.

This complete change in life,living,thinking, and spirituality is not easy , but compared to the last many years its not only easier but so rewarding on a daily basis. When I think a little of it being tough, I remind myself what I would do to get that bottle, and my answer is I would walk over broken glass to it . So then it always sets in the old saying work at sobriety at least half as hard as I did at drinking. :)

Enjoy your day all, I know I will.

Good love, Inda :accb::abcw:

ontherightpath 01-23-2012 11:51 AM

Thank you for that! I could have written that second paragraph. Thank you the inspiration!

Sapling 01-23-2012 12:00 PM

Yeah...I liked that reading from the 24 hour book today too. We used it as a topic for our meeting...Good stuff. I pray that I may get myself out of the way, so that God's power may flow in...That's what it's all about.

Anna 01-23-2012 12:07 PM

Inda, you're right that the recovery journey is not always easy. Sometimes it's good to take a moment to look back and see how far we've come. :)

jocata 01-23-2012 12:45 PM

I knew I was insane when I came to that fork in the road where I had to choices. 1 Keep on drinking and drugging, and end up locked up or dead. 2. Stop drinking and drugging and get help.
The insane part about this is that I actually had to think about this choice!! And I didn't completely commit to choice #2 for years, just kept at it. Insanity!!

Thanks for your post Inda!

God bless.

IndaMiricale 01-23-2012 04:31 PM

Ah , yes Sample I read the BB,24hrs,and daily reflections every morning then meditate. And then come and write here, it has become a daily thing that I truly love and need to do. If I dont I feel incomplete in the morning . Its awesome to take the readings and then apply them to me hand how i was , how i got here, and what i do today. My mini thoughts everyday.

I hope they help at least one other person a day, cause I know they help this alcoholic here. :)

Well anyway all of to a meeting , gave me a great topic aye. See you tomorrow .

Good love, Inda .

neferkamichael 01-23-2012 04:41 PM

Inda, your threads are most impressive, truly inspiring. I'm 1 year, 6 months, 13 days sober, 4 months 12 days of crack. I hope I'm beginning to settle down a little bit, haven't been quite as anxious as usual, this last week. Reading your thread gave a surge of positive energy. Thanks