Notices

As If I Needed Another Reason To Not Drink...

Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fdm

As If I Needed Another Reason To Not Drink...

...We were under tornado warnings from 230 AM to 300 AM, and severe thunderstorm warnings the rest of the early morning. These storms caused damage and some deaths south of us.

We all huddled in our middle bathroom during the warning. It was a long, wild night.

I wouldn't have been as "sharp" had I drank the night before, and even after getting little sleep, I am still functioning ok. Thank goodness I poured all mine out yesterday morning!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It only gets better. Just give it a chance.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fdm View Post
...We were under tornado warnings from 230 AM to 300 AM, and severe thunderstorm warnings the rest of the early morning. These storms caused damage and some deaths south of us.

We all huddled in our middle bathroom during the warning. It was a long, wild night.

I wouldn't have been as "sharp" had I drank the night before, and even after getting little sleep, I am still functioning ok. Thank goodness I poured all mine out yesterday morning!
God love you, FDM. Our tornado is still so fresh in my mind that I literally began shaking when a tornado watch was issued in my county last week. Being sober was rather soothing. Congratulations on standing strong while the "storms of life" came and went. Nice job!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Imagine if you were passed out! And something horrific happened!!!! THank goodness you were sober and there for your family. I'm glad you are all okay.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG Fdm! That's scary stuff, you are safe that's the main thing, and sober is a big plus too!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you guys are ok fdm. Sirens were going off here too. Tornado alley has it's dangers.

All the times I passed out at night in the past, thank God I don't have to worry about that anymore. I can get my kids to the basement when those sirens start wailing.

God bless.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm under flood warning at the moment - I'm similarly v.glad I'm ready to help should the worst happen.

D