Notices

Success! Got me a sponsor!

Old 01-22-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Success! Got me a sponsor!

Well, that phone was heavy when I picked it up, but I called someone from aa and got me a sponsor. Someone I trust and who has been in my shoes. I'm excited! But scared, at the same time. I will most likely end the night with wine, I'm not gonna lie. So may tomorrow be the best day of the rest of my life!!!!!! The day I get sober, FOR GOOD!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

AWESOME!!!

Every time I see the word Sponsor I feel really safe and very Happy for others cause it is a must to have someone (not necessarily a sponsor) to be able to talk to openly.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just got myself one too this weekend. I'm ready to give it all now and see what happens. Best of luck to you.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why wait? Start day 1 right now?

God bless.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats! If I read your post right, you're still drinking. Right now would be a great time to call that new sponsor of yours
Old 01-22-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!
Having a sponsor is saving my life!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you're working on your recovery.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hopefully you bought a big enough bottle of wine to bring(beat) you into that state of willingness, yanno, willing try something different.

Peace

Omega
Old 01-23-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Why get a sponsor and then drink? surely you see the absurdity in that? try calling this person before you drink, and talk about how you feel. That's one of the functions of a sponsor. I'm glad you got one though, and good luck in your journey.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by augustwest View Post
Why get a sponsor and then drink? surely you see the absurdity in that? try calling this person before you drink, and talk about how you feel. That's one of the functions of a sponsor. I'm glad you got one though, and good luck in your journey.
If the cat can "not drink" on their own power then why would they need to get a sponsor?

My sponsor is not interested in how I feel, I can assure you that, and when a protege calls me I am not interested in how they feel.

As a sponsor my job is to guide you through the steps, yanno, show you precisely how I recovered. Yanno, real life applications to the underlying spiritual principles, because life isn't going to change, but through a course of action my perspective on it can be changed to the point where I never have to have another drink or drug again.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Originally Posted by omegasupreme View Post
If the cat can "not drink" on their own power then why would they need to get a sponsor?My sponsor is not interested in how I feel, I can assure you that, and when a protege calls me I am not interested in how they feel.

As a sponsor my job is to guide you through the steps, yanno, show you precisely how I recovered. Yanno, real life applications to the underlying spiritual principles, because life isn't going to change, but through a course of action my perspective on it can be changed to the point where I never have to have another drink or drug again.

Excellent point in the highlighted text. But when it comes to feelings, my sponsor cares, and i care about my sponsees feelings. And we talk about them. I'm not a therapist, but i sure will listen to someone explain where they're at emotionally and process that, in addition to showing them how i got through a similar situation without drugs or alcohol, and how the steps have changed my perspective on life.