Notices

Every 24hrs. the fog lifts just a little more. :-)

Old 01-22-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Every 24hrs. the fog lifts just a little more. :-)

Hello and good afternoon SR friends and family. It is a wonderful sunny day here so far, although still cold its nice to see the sun today. And not have to keep the curtain closed and have just got back from stumbling to the store for the morning drink to start. Today I woke up thinking about that was due to the fact the I awoke with a massive phantom hangover. Crazy super dry mouth, completely dis-oriented, and all. But what I joy to realize it was not real and a great reminder of what I am doing this all for and not missing.

For in the beginning of this journey June of last year, I wasnt sure what I wanted, I just knew I wanted something different then what I had for so long. So step 1 was a given for me , I was told I need to start on 2 and 3. I needed to turn to a Power greater than myself, to get the strenght to stop drinking. And for this alcoholic I knew would take some time, not ever being religous, and like countless other newcomers that is what I perceived AA to be about. Thankfully I didnt care at that point I went in saying I dont care what I have to believe as long as I dont have to live like this. So began my learning of reeducating my mind. I know I can really enjoy simple , healthy , normal living.
I really get joy out of living without that artificial stimulus of alcohol and other side dishes. All I need to do to prove to myself if I ever doubt I am doing the right thing is to go to a meeting and look around and see how the men and women that have worked the program , and how there outlook has changed. Is my outlook on life changing.

100% yes, and for this alcoholic I never believed I would or could enjoy life without drinking. Just as many before me and many after have said the very same thing. And we were all wrong , Thank (God) of my and your understanding.

With that said I was told to pray every day, so I began and said I will go to any lengths for what they have. My attitude will be one of humility and gratitude. Saying thank you to my god is a daily practice that is absolutely necessary . If a day is not one of thankfulness, the practice has to be repeated until it becomes so. For gratitude is a necessary component for me to live a better life.

As always thank you for all your support and love, and lets all enjoy another 24 hrs of being out of the fog. :ghug3

Good love, Inda
Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes Inda, it's a great feeling to wake up on a Sunday morning, draw the curtains and not shudder at the sight of daylight! I don't want to sound like I'm over-reacting but when I saw the sun shining this crisp winter morning I really felt like I'd been given a second chance, and it is me that has given myself this chance!

I know there may be dark days ahead now and then but so many of us here on SR have seen how much better life can be, here's to another clear 24 hours, and many many more.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well hope everyone enjoyed there sunday.

Off to the 8 pm meeting then its a wrap. Another sober weekend in 2012.

Good love , Inda
Old 01-22-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Inda, send some of that sun to southern Indiana. I forgot what it looked like.

Love all your posts.

I was the same way when I first got exposed to the AA program. Didn't believe in a HP of any sort and really didn't care if there was one. What would he have to do with me anyway?

Well that all changed when my sponser told me to just start out praying daily for help to stay sober and thanking Him at night for keeping me sober. The obsession to drink or use was removed almost instantly.

That was how my journey of faith started. I now have God in my life daily. He has seen me through countless trials.

All it takes is just a speck of willingness and the floodgates can then open.

Thanks Inda.

God bless.