Notices

out of my comfort zone...

Old 01-22-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
I remember when I first quit and got over the worst of the physical effects - I was so amazed at how much time there is in a day. Getting drunk, sleeping, and recovering the next day were the main events in my life and certainly the only routine, lol. SOOO glad it's over and I have a life now! When I was drinking, I was really resentful of people around me who were getting things done like graduate degrees, families, big creative projects or traveling or volunteering. I always thought about how I had thought about doing whatever it was for years and the I would get all p***** off at the people who were actually accomplishing those things (makes LOTS of sense, right? LOL). Now that I'm sober with all this free time and an attitude of gratitude, I find myself getting a ton of important stuff done. I actually have stuff to talk about when I hang out with my friends instead of listening to all the awesome things other people have done that I could've

Anyway I guess what I'm saying is that this is a really good time to dream big Sky's the limit!
I feel the same about ambitions. I want to travel before my wife and I get too old to enjoy it, and I want to live life to the best of my ability. I'm 38, and feel like I haven't "lived" yet, despite a good job with good income, and a pretty good family life.

Maybe without the heavy anchor of alcohol dragging me down, I can actually "live" for what remaining time I have left on this world.