SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Wow! That was hard! Arg! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/246745-wow-hard-arg.html)

1undone 01-21-2012 05:54 PM

Wow! That was hard! Arg!

Wanted to drink so badly today but I didn't. I'm not even happy that I didn't. I'm in scary territory right now. I told everyone at AA how I'm having a hard time remembering how bad alcohol makes me feel. My little resilient alcoholic mind is going crazy!!!!! I said I was having a hard time and got a ton of support but that addict voice is screaming!

I have to basically "shout this from the roof tops" so the voice will have loads of people telling it to shut up!:react

Dee74 01-21-2012 05:56 PM

You can get through this - reaching out is one of the best things you can do 1Undone :)

D

Sapling 01-21-2012 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1undone (Post 3251522)
I have to basically "shout this from the roof tops" so the voice will have loads of people telling it to shut up!:react

I like that....For what it's worth....SHUT UP!!!

Anna 01-21-2012 06:01 PM

I think your addict voice knows you're taking this seriously and it's fighting back. But, you're doing great. :)

jocata 01-21-2012 06:02 PM

Hang tough undone. My addiction was screaming at me a few nights ago, but it passed and when I woke up I was so glad I didn't drink. Do you have a sponser you can call, or an AA phone list? Get in a chat room if you have to.

Don't give in, it will pass.

God bless.

1undone 01-21-2012 06:05 PM

Yes a lot of AA peeps I can call and they are on high alert! LOL. CODE PURPLE!!! In my hood (head).:a108:

2granddaughters 01-21-2012 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 1undone (Post 3251522)
Wanted to drink so badly today but I didn't. I'm not even happy that I didn't. I'm in scary territory right now. I told everyone at AA how I'm having a hard time remembering how bad alcohol makes me feel. My little resilient alcoholic mind is going crazy!!!!! I said I was having a hard time and got a ton of support but that addict voice is screaming!

I always try to pick up an extra meeting or two when the crazies kick in.

The best way to get feeling better is to try to help someone else. We get more than we give.

All will be well !! Take care.

Bob R.

stepping 01-21-2012 06:14 PM

1undone..you WILL MAKE IT THROUGH THIS! Ann is right the addictive voice is pi##ed you are WINNING!!! I will join the group you requested to yell SHHHUUUUTTTT UPPPP!!!! Kinda kelped mine too ;) hang in there!!

Sapling 01-21-2012 06:16 PM

You can always read the Big Book...That always kept me busy real early on...I still love to read that book. A guy in my meeting this morning...Has like 20 years sober...He shares...."I hated reading the Big Book...It was too much like me."

1undone 01-21-2012 08:01 PM

Hey all! I'm still sober. My 13 yr old is laying next to me passed out from Angry Bird over-load!:c031:

Husband came up and thought it was pretty funny that we were hanging out with the IPad. I swear it's kept me from drinking so many times! What a weird night.:lala

allbrian 01-21-2012 08:08 PM

Great job! Hearing about you making it through a tough time makes it easier for me to get through one. If someone else has done it I can too! Thanks for sharing.

IndaMiricale 01-21-2012 08:22 PM

Awesome ,

You just keep building that foundation. And use any tool that works , so go Ipad crazy :)

Good love, Inda

IndaMiricale 01-21-2012 08:24 PM

Awesome ,

You just keep building that foundation. And use any tool that works , so go Ipad crazy :)

Good love, Inda

keltie 01-21-2012 08:27 PM

Asking for help in AA and here were the smartest, strongest things you could do! Good job!

Fdm 01-22-2012 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by 1undone (Post 3251657)
Hey all! I'm still sober. My 13 yr old is laying next to me passed out from Angry Bird over-load!:c031:

Husband came up and thought it was pretty funny that we were hanging out with the IPad. I swear it's kept me from drinking so many times! What a weird night.:lala

Congratulations! I smiled reading this.

jocata 01-22-2012 05:51 AM

Way to go undone! Now you won't wake up with that horrible guilt and shame!!

God bless.,

WakeUp 01-22-2012 06:05 AM

I used to tell my alcoholic voice to shut up but after working the 12 Steps, I don't have to yell at myself anymore. The drinking problem is removed.

1undone 01-22-2012 08:00 AM

:headbange Wakeup, I am a slow learner!

I've been fighting since may 2011 and I'm still on step 3. :lala

WakeUp 01-22-2012 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by 1undone (Post 3252119)
:headbange Wakeup, I am a slow learner!

I've been fighting since may 2011 and I'm still on step 3. :lala

I would get another sponsor who will get ya crackin', it's sooo worth it!

Marius76 01-22-2012 09:33 AM

Good to hear you got through it, i had minor voices telling me 'go on have a drink' and managed to get rid of them by a swift walk.

Keep up the good work, we are all behind you