Notices

Oh Man I Freaked

Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh Man I Freaked

Loud knocking on the door went and opened it it was a state trooper. My heart dropped then relazed I'd done nothing He was at the wrong addresss. Of course the pup jumped up and the trooper said sir remove your dog these pants are expensive and I said then don't knock on my door. Not good, sober audacity Sobriety rocks when the cops knock
Old 02-09-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Oh fitz....... It took me years before my heart would not come up into my mouth when a squad car was behind me, let alone one that turned on the bubble gum machines on top.

It does get better, honest. Today, I have lots of friends, in our city police dept, our county sheriff's dept, and the State Troopers that cover the southern part of our state.

Sometimes I look at those friendships and think what an irony. This mean nasty drunk is now friends with half the law enforcement in my area, roflmao not only that, this mean nasty former drunk helps out on New Year's Eve in the Bat Mobile entering the paperwork for those arrested for DUI, No License, No Insurance, Out of Date Registrations, etc everything they find at a Sobriety Check point.

It does get better. But I can so identify with your 'immediate' reaction.

Kind of nice isn't it knowing that they/he were not after you????!!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
Sobriety rocks when the cops knock
Sure does buddy!

Laurie, as an aside, you do realize that roadblocks are unconstitutional, right? Many in law enforcement agree...and also know that increased roving patrols are more likely to spot offenders

yea, I know, "but the courts say they are OK." Courts are making up a lot of things these days, have you noticed? Regardless, great post and yes, very ironic!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

My heart still skips a beat when I see a squad car drive a little too slowly by me. I've had a DUI and numerous other run-ins with police when drunk. My brain has been conditioned to react with fear and it takes a few seconds for me to get a grip and tell myself not to worry cuz I'm sober and behaving fine.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Man, I think I would have had a heart attack, even though I haven't drank for 6 months and haven't been doing anything wrong. I actually saw a squad car the other day, and I turned the corner even though it was out of my way...then remembered I had nothing to worry about. Wow.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yea there's like a road block out must be something but have to reassure myself its not me. I don't know if paranonia goes away/ Just to know I haven't done anything. I'll just breathe and read and post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its great to go through road checks knowing that you are sober & that the roads are being protected. Glad you are doing well MCF