Notices

Still lost

Old 01-20-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still lost

Well its been a week and a few days since I last got high (weed). I feel a little better physically, but I still am not feeling better about myself/life. I constantly feel inferior to my "medicated" self. When I was high I could easily clean up around the house, I could easily do things that I didnt want to do. Although I have gotten rid of the "i need to get high" feeling, I feel like I'm even more lost now than I was before.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome to SR.

I smoked all day, every day, for ten years. It takes more than a week to get back to feeling good about yourself "clean and sober." But you will. A week off the weed is awesome. Keep strong. What are you doing to ensure to stay off the pot?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it takes more than just stopping the drinking or drugs. Yes, that's the first step, but I had to make a lot of changes in my life to learn how to live on life's terms. Have you made any changes besides stopping?
Old 01-20-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome eatpizzarolls

I think, if you smoked or drank as long as I did, you become used to being drunk or high - that becomes our default. Not being in that state becomes uncomfortable.

We have to re-learn a new default....and that takes a little time and effort.

Like Anna said I think just stopping smoking or drinking or whatever is just the first step...I had to make a lot of changes in my life to be sober, and happy with it

D
Old 01-20-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was a heavy pot smoker for years too. Couldn't do hardly anything if I wasn't high.
Many people have the notion that weed is not addictive or you will not withdraw when you stop. That is a myth in my opinion. It may not be as addictive as many other drugs, but for me I was addicted nonetheless, and I had pretty uncomfortable withdrawals when I stopped.
It does do damage to our bodies and minds when we smoke it chronicallyl. Just think, for light users, it stay in the system for a month or so. For heavy users like me, it will take several months for it all to get out.
I am just now starting to feel better after 55 days since I last smoked. I was a chronic and daily smoker.

Hang in there.

God bless.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eatpizzarolls View Post
I'm even more lost now than I was before.
We all feel that in the beginning, keep posting and telling us how you feel. It will pass.

Bob
Old 01-20-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

They say it takes 30 days for pot to leave the body. We all have a certain amount of thc in our fat cells. aa or ma program might help you-work the steps to help you. or another program. getting high was what I did to solve my problem, but the problem was me. mood follows action....
Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Marijuana Anonymous World Services