Notices

Some questions I have.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some questions I have.

So I am about to hit six months clean. I have a couple problems though:
1. I still sound like a total druggie. I am slightly concerned I did brain damage. (My DOC's were amphetamines, oxycodone, and dxm) Do you think I have brain damage? What do you think I can do to correct the problem?
2. I have been sick lately and I know I can't use cold medicine. What do you guys do when you get sick?
Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you going to NA meetings?
Old 01-19-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey reach. I'm sure we've all done some damage to our brains. From what I understand, most of our cognitive functions should return to normal after a period of time. It's going to be different for everyone. What you used, how much, how long, your age. There's probably other factors as well. It may take a couple of years or more for some to get back to normal.

If your are really concerned, talk to a doctor.

Don't start using again, it will make it worse.

God bless.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you seen a Dr, RTH?

D
Old 01-19-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Congratulation on the sobriety time, well done. You spelled all the words correctly, and the message is coherent and understandable so you probably dont have brain damage.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I was in rehab and even here at the living house I noticed the meth addicts seem to think they are a lot weirder then they are. And I also remember coming off of amphetamines in my early twenties after some long time use and thinking my brain was damaged beyond repair. I was wrong. It might take up to a year to feel really better. You might want to read more about PAWS. Remember you probably burnt out the nerotranmitters in your brain and they do not regrow BUT GOOD NEWS - Your body grows new path ways.

Give it time and if you have the winter bug that's going around drink your fluids, get some vitamin C in you and rest. That's all that really works for a cold anyway. Hope you feel better soon.

And you should be really proud of yourself. I also used dxm recreationally. It's a hard habit to break as well. Great job.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you very much. This support is much need now. Yes, I go to NA meetings. Yes, I have seen a doctor. He says I may have problems involving a lower than normal amount of dopamine.