Notices

I can't restart...

Old 01-19-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Lily

I have chosen a date already. I will be here posting a lot!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
SSIL75

I usually don't have hangovers. I just want to try to stay clean for at least a month. And then decide what to do next.
you may think that but you can't possibly feel as good as you would minus the multiple bottles of wine per day!

GL with short term goals. They did not work for me but they do for some!! I HAD to decide that I Was done *forever*.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Do or Do not. there is no try.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Editor

Healthy. I skipped a LOT of social functions when in early sobriety. Heck.....ALL functions! I wasnt strong enough to say no. Saying no is Mountains easier now. I focused on things in my life that I have wanted to do for a long time, but was unable to do because of my alcoholism. When I got rid of all of my excuses...It made it easier. I had to change how my brain perceived fun. What I found out is that I really wasnt having fun at the parties,games,dinners, whatever....I was just getting drunk. You will here this and I wasnt so sure that I believed it, But life has definitely gotten much better. Life is still life. But it is on my terms... not the beers.
I wish you the best on your journey!
Dave
Old 01-19-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

lookinforward

Well done you! You are sober a long time. I will just start. Not looking forward the restart.
I haven't got a choice. I can't continue drinking. I want to quit and no more stupid excuses.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
surrenderordie and DesperadoBlond

Not sure how long does it take to get to the level where I could go to the party and feel good without alco.
it was over a year before i spent any time with drinkers mainly because i knew i did,nt have another recovery in me if i had gone back out there i,m sure i would of died . i got sober and got a new life did,nt want the old one i got soul custody of my son started to work for myself. met my wife (first women i never met in a bar) now have 4 kids i got the promise