Notices

Trying to quit smoking marijuana

Old 01-19-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to quit smoking marijuana

Hey everyone, I'm new here, I've been thinking of quitting for a while now and finally got the courage to set things in motion and make this work.

I've been smoking for almost 3 years now and at first it was ok for me, because I could control it. I would only smoke occasionally. But as the years progressed, so have my smoking habits. I went from smoking 1-2 times a week to smoking once a day, and recently began smoking multiple times a day. I need to stop this.

I'm beginning to close off the world around me, even to my closest friends. I have a lack of motivation as compared to before and I'm becoming socially closed off/socially awkward.

But I'm ready to change all of this and become the person I used to be! If anyone has any experience in this area or even any advice on how you started this process, I'd love to hear it, thank you and good luck to all!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

to SR Sunday Snow
I quit that stuff about 9 years ago. Just had enough of it and quit one day. No regrets.
I should have quit drinking at the same time but I didn't so here I am now.
Hope you can get away from it. Isolation is not a good place to be in.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome SundaySnow!

It sounds like you've experienced what the rest of us have...... things start off being "fun" and progress until we find ourselves consumed by it. I found that I couldn't stop drinking on my own and finally reached out for support, like you're doing today. Good move!

It does take time for our brains/bodies to readjust. I think the mental/emotional part was the hardest for me, but it does get easier as time goes on. I love my sober life today.

Keep reading/posting!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

You can stay stopped! I quit smoking weed & 4 days later I quit drinking. Stay strong!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

oops. double post.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

I was high for an entire decade. bong hits morning, noon, and night... but i also had a major drinking problem and an opiate addiction, so i ended up going to a couple of treatment centers. what's kept me sober this time has been aa and na.

i have a sponsee who is in college and only smoked pot like you do, and he has used our 12-step program, counseling, and meditation with great success. he'll be celebrating 6 months clean in a couple weeks.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sunday Snow

I was a daily smoker for 30 years. It was definitely uncomfortable to quit but was through the worst in a week or two

You'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

double post, I did.

Last edited by Dee74; 01-19-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello snow, welcome! I was a heavy pot smoker for years, as well as an alcoholic and drug addict. It's not easy at first, but if I can do it so can you. Keep coming back here and maybe look into some NA meetings.

God bless.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Well I smoked two joints before I smoked two joints and then I smoked two more. Two joints, song by the Toyes. Marijuana was my drug of choice. Regretably, because I am addicted to several chemical substance I am better off if I never smoked it again. I haven't used in a year and a half and I can do just fine living without it.