Notices

Im very new to this.......

Old 01-18-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im very new to this.......

Im 26 and i hooked on alot . These include benzos all types , marijuana, alcohol , sleep meds , little coke when around , AND my WORST is pain pills , i just broke my hand so now they come so EASY. Most of my friends are dealers so it wouldnt help to ask ne of them for help. Im hoping this forum becomes my new little family with more support then i get around here. Ive just lost my job mainly because of some my personal drug problems. The drugs were at work so it was hard to not join in when i was working. I really could use some time in a rehab but i probably only have a dollar in change to my name. Im just trying to find out what my next step should be before i end of killin my self . Im a good person always work hard , would do anything for anyone, but drugs have taken over my life and i want my life back NOW. Thanks to anyone who spent the time to read this . TY
C.hensley:
Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a lot of stuff to give up at once.

Look around the site, jump in and ask questions, just unload. i have been here almost 2 weeks, people are supportive. They give good advice.

You have taken the first step in seeking out support, good luck! You can do this.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

You have a lot to contend with. SoberRecovery has been an enormous help to get me to 8 months of sobriety. I hope you can find your way to peace with us. welcome.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welll..

I called my sober buddy and he may have gotten me in a rehab center call owls nest . even though i dont have a job or money there still gonna try to accept me . It would be a life changing experience if he calls back and says pack your bags . Im just waiting for the call )
Old 01-18-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you want personal contact rather than online, hit an NA or AA meeting and know that you can be 100% honest and they will have been right where you are...and some may be right where you are today. You can help each other.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well rehab center just turned me down so im guess thats a sign : (
Old 01-18-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Been there with the benzos and pain pills sc. I know what you up against. If I can do it so can you. Many others here that have done it also.

Keep coming back here. Maybe find some NA or AA meetings in your area. AA has done wonders for me.

Hang in there.

God bless.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome SCP

Try and not be discouraged by the rehab centre - it's not any kind of a sign, it just means you didn't get in there.

if you want to try again the Salvation Army runs free rehab programmes in many places...

The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center: Rehabilitation Program

If you feel like checking out a few places and seeing if someone will take you, this is a national database of treatment centres...enter your local area and see whats around?

http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/Trea...ickSearch.jspx

and there's always the recovery groups

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players (these are mostly alcohol related):

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

Our substance abuse forum may be good reading for you too
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse

sorry for all the links but I wanted you to get a good idea of what's around

The main thing tho - whatever you decide to do - is do something, y'know ?
D