Notices

Hello all this is my third day of quitting alcohol

Old 01-15-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Hello all this is my third day of quitting alcohol

Hello,

This is my third day of quitting alcohol without any help of drugs.
I decided to quit after googling the "the effects of alcohol on the body".
I have visited an interesting site and suddenly I decided to not drink no more for the benefit of my health and my brain.
Also I have read an interesting book which helped me a lot and which name is the Power Of Less. This book is not intended to help alcohol or drug addiction but reading it helped me to organize myself better.

So for three days I have only drunk water and tea and I became totally abstinent for three days without any medecine. Today I remembered that I have a bottle of Vodka in my home but I struggled hard with myself and didn't authorize myself to drink a single drop of this alcohol.

I am posting today because the struggle with this bottle of Vodka and myself is hard. I am sure that I will not drink today. I decided it and made instead some green tea. I am sure that all I write is boring and I apologize.

The aim of this posting is to seek help and support for not beginning to drink again a little bit of Vodka. I was drinking heavily but episodically the most part of the time beer and strong alcohol. I am actually trying to realize how much money I will save quitting drinking as I was used to to buy alcohol about every third day.
--
kabrock
Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 3 days sober! Now empty the bottle of vodka out in the sink and throw it away.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's awesome, congrats on 3 days. Now dump that vodka or give it to one of your normal drinker friends!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your post is not boring! You are awesome for making such great progress, good job!Pour the vodka out, you will feel better after you do it. I wish that I would have pored my wine out last night instead of drinking it-I don't want you to have the same regret. Good luck!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get rid of that bottle!!

So glad you are here!! There is so much support and friendship on this site.

You are not alone. Congrats on the 3 days!

God bless.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((kabrock))) - Congratulations on 3 days, and you are NOT boring! I agree with the others - pour out the vodka.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-15-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, Im on day six and it gets easier day by day. I HAD to pour out the vodka...too tempting although there is beer and wine around which I dont care for any way. Every one is different but for me liquor, especially VODKA is the big weakness. Stay strong!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats! You definitely made the right decision. And yes, get rid of that bottle!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome kabrock!

Congrats on day 3! The mental part can be hard at first, especially when we start to feel better. Our addictive voice kicks in and starts telling us maybe things weren't that bad or we just need to try a little harder to control it.

Getting support is what helped me get through the cravings. It really does get better, though. Each time I got through one, I felt a little stronger. Just take it a day at a time (or go hour by hour for now) and keep reading and posting. You can do it!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It takes more guts and strength to walk by that bottle everyday without drinking it than it does to dump it down the drain. You gotta test yourself. If you really want to stop than you will. That bottle will stay untouched forever.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 days!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

kabrock - for support you have come to the right place. ignore or get rid of that bottle; whatever makes it easier on you. picture yourself waking up tomorrow hangover free with another clean day under your belt. personally if it were me and i felt the way you did about resisting the bottle i would dump it. regoogle "what alcohol does to your body" keep reading that over and over and over best of luck and we are all here rooting for you every step of the way!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

There is nothing boring about someone who has decided to quit drinking just for today. It's incredibly brave. I hope you will continue posting on here and dump the bottle down the drain. It takes a lot of courage to do that. Everything you do is your choice.

Welcome

Old 01-15-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR kabrock

Your post was not boring at all - sharing our stories is what we do here

I also recommend dumping the vodka

D
Old 01-15-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober1111 View Post
It takes more guts and strength to walk by that bottle everyday without drinking it than it does to dump it down the drain. You gotta test yourself. If you really want to stop than you will. That bottle will stay untouched forever.
I respectfully disagree - that sounds very dangerous to me! Especially at 3 days!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
Welcome kabrock!

Congrats on day 3! The mental part can be hard at first, especially when we start to feel better. Our addictive voice kicks in and starts telling us maybe things weren't that bad or we just need to try a little harder to control it.

Getting support is what helped me get through the cravings. It really does get better, though. Each time I got through one, I felt a little stronger. Just take it a day at a time (or go hour by hour for now) and keep reading and posting. You can do it!
Many thanks to you and all who responded my post. I don't think that I am heavily physically addicted to alcohol. So it is not so difficult to quit. In my experience the most difficult are the first three days as I already quitted but relapsed. Now it is the fourth day and I didn't drink a single drop of alcoholic drink. Yes I feel so much better. I sleep better and I see now that alcohol brought pessimistic ideas and depression to me. I am much more happy now.
I really decided to become totally abstinent all my life and the more I see the benefits of being sober and abstinent the more I am decided to quit definitely.
The cravings are not so much physical it is psychological. As I already said I drink only water and tea for four days. I am pretty sure I will succeed to not drink a single drop of alcohol.
In fact there are two bottles of Vodka that I didn't open but I will not touch to
alcohol no more. I will keep the bottles for my father and I won't open them.
Have a nice day and thanks again for writing.
--
kabrock
Old 01-15-2012, 11:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober1111 View Post
I won't toss the bottles. I will offer them to my father. I am pretty sure now that I will be strong enough. Anyway there is a lot of alcohol in my home as I don't live alone. Bottles of wine which are not mine, beer, liquor, whisky and so on. I can't get rid of all this as some bottles are not mine. I have to be strong enough and I will I am sure now.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
instant

You are in the right place my friend, the road to sobriety can be rocky at times, but it just gets better and better.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuckyGirl99 View Post
Your post is not boring! You are awesome for making such great progress, good job!Pour the vodka out, you will feel better after you do it. I wish that I would have pored my wine out last night instead of drinking it-I don't want you to have the same regret. Good luck!
I still have half a glass of wine on the counter from my dinner party Sat. nite. Haven't drank it, but have'nt dumped it yet. Not sure why not. Still attached?

Keep posting and keep positive.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations on your 3 days, Kabrock. Any time you feel yourself tempted to cave in and drink, you can come here and talk about it. This place helped me get sober after decades of drinking. Glad you've chosen a healthy lifestyle - you don't need that poison.