Notices

My intro

Old 01-14-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My intro

Hi! I'm Hope...I'm 28 years old (today!) and am working on recovering from a benzo addiction..it started off as xanax, which I detoxed from but now I've branched into other benzos just not as ferociously as the xanax. I was coming up on 2 months clean and relapsed. Took 3 klonopin last night and 1 today. I feel really guilty but am determined to start over again and really keep with it. I need to flush what I have and move on...it's just too tempting. This has been a hard thing to boot!

Thanks for the support, I'm glad to be here..I'm realizing I might need more help than I previously thought.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((hope))) - Welcome to SR, and Happy Birthday!!

I do hope you flush the rest of the benzos and keep reading and posting. SR has been a huge part of my recovery and it's nice to know we're not alone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-14-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Happy birthday Hope. 7 and to SR.
Although it is one of the hardest things to do dumping all the pills you have is the most positive step you can make at this time.
If you want to beat this devil you can do it.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome, hope!

Glad you're determined to stay clean/sober - you'll find lots of support here - it's a great community! We have a section on substance abuse you may want to check out, too: Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 01-14-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy 28th Birthday and congratulations on the almost 2 months time you got under your belt. Forget the guilt. It's not helpful. You'll get rid of the pills one way or another. Of course I hope you'll flush them because it will be a personal victory.

Welcome. :day2