Notices

Feeling Scared and Frustrated

Old 01-15-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by surrenderordie View Post
hi zeba take things a day at a time hour at a time minute at a time if you have to! i started drinking at Avery young age too and tryed to beat it, live with it for 18 years lots of trips to rehab & a.a and the relapses that come with it for me it it was fear that made me suffer for so long have hope it,s over 10years now since my last drink if i can do it anyone can.

“When fear knocks at the door, let faith answer and you find that no one is there”
Congratulations! Thanks for your support I'm feeling very optimistic today. I was not a daily drinker, but I drank excessively three or four times a week with a few drinks here and there in between. Today is only my third day of being sober, but I'm fairly confident that when that urge to drink comes in the next couple of days I will be able to say no!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello Zeba - Lots of good stuff already on your thread, so I'll just say I'm glad you're here. SR helped me pull myself out of a very dark place - I never left once I first signed on over 4 yrs. ago. I was so relieved to find many people just like me, with thoughts that I thought only I had. My anxiety was calmed once I realized I had company, & I found the courage and strength to get sober. You sound ready to do this - I'm so glad you're planning on turning your life around. You don't need that stuff to enjoy life - it's a lie we've told ourselves for too long.

Strytone - Great job on reaching 9 days!

Eltrc - Congratulations on your 6th day. We promise, it gets much easier as you go along.