Notices

New beginnings

Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New beginnings

Today is Day 67 for me. I have been super busy but wanted to give an update to those of you who were reading my thread about quitting my job and starting my own busienss. I was finally able to put my two weeks' notice in writing and give it to the company president on Tuesday. I had talked to my main boss about leaving on Friday, and she kept trying to convince me to stay, which was fairly easy to do because I was scared to death and know rationally that there are many benefits to staying. However I finally told her I have to go with my gut and follow my heart and all that cheesy stuff. I feel like I was holding onto this job by my fingernails and leaving was so super hard for me, and even after I finally did it, I still felt unsure and had some doubts and regrets. But then I went to meet with the guy I will be doing contract work for, everything felt great and refreshing. It felt like a better area for me to be in, and I was happy to be finally working for myself. (Although I still have these last two weeks at my company, which is pretty weird.)

In other good news, I finally called my friend from AA and asked her to be my sponsor, and she said yes. I am rather scared and freaked out about having a sponsor and working the steps, but, I feel I was at a stand-still and it was time to either jump into the AA program or go my own way. I guess I'm always a pretty extreme, all-or-nothing person. I know I am much more productive, energetic and happy when I don't drink, so I want to do everything I can to not go back there. My mood/thoughts always seem to change between "I'm not really an alcoholic, I can get this under control and go drink normally," to "even if I am an alcoholic a little bit, who really cares, a lot of people I know are functioning and even successful alcoholics" (yeah, this is the craziest thought that I have, but I do sometimes have it!), to "I feel so good not drinking and I never want to drink," to, "I know I have a problem and I need to deal with it", to, my favorite lately, which is not even thinking about alcohol/alcoholism at all!! No matter what It hink, I just don't drink no matter what, and the feelings/thoughts pass, but, I would like to start working a program so that I better ensure I won't give in to one of my thoughts. Honestly I am not even sure what working the steps is all about and it sounds quite scary and weird, but, I figured it won't hurt to try, and, I hope it helps!

Thanks everyone, and have a great day.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you feel good about your decision.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pigtails View Post
In other good news, I finally called my friend from AA and asked her to be my sponsor, and she said yes. I am rather scared and freaked out about having a sponsor and working the steps, but, I feel I was at a stand-still and it was time to either jump into the AA program or go my own way. I guess I'm always a pretty extreme, all-or-nothing person. I know I am much more productive, energetic and happy when I don't drink, so I want to do everything I can to not go back there.
That's awesome...Congrats Pigtails on both your new jobs....I think you will do great at both of them! The only real work in doing the steps is being honest.....And you seem pretty good at that.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

How exciting for you on all fronts PT

D
Old 01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Pigtails - that's great. I was wondering how that was going. Come over and join us in the November thread (I'm on Day 71) this way I don't have to keep checking over here to see how you're doing
Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

I feel great.

Tigger-how do I get to the November thread?

I am on Day 68.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Here you go Pigtails....http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...11-pt-4-a.html
Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's good news Pigtails. So glad things are going well for you.

Those steps will change your life.

God bless.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jocata View Post
That's good news Pigtails. So glad things are going well for you.

Those steps will change your life.

God bless.
Thanks! I'm excited for my life to be changed. I already feel like it's changed drastically since I've stopped drinking, so, I can only imagine what it will change into next!