Notices

Day 1 not drinking

Old 01-22-2012, 10:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

spoke to a doctor and she said it wasn't withdrawals, just insane dehydration. She may or may not be right, but whatever it was, I am glad it's over.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling better trillmatic

what are your plans regarding drinking now?

D
Old 01-23-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

trillmatic707 I can totally relate to your situation. I was 22 when my drinking was starting to get out of control. I was going to a great university had an amazing girlfriend and what I thought was a typical college life. Study some, work some, and party alot... What I didnt realize was although alot of people were drinking most were doing so in moderation or knew when too much was too much. I however thought to have a good time you had to be wasted. Well the girlfriend finally had enough after 3 years of this behavior and left me and from there I just drank more, got kicked out of school for grades and eventually had to move home.... Trust me it is awesome that you can at least acknowledge you might have a problem now and start the process of recovery... I just wish I had 10 years ago... because I can attest that its a dark and lonely road trying drink your problems away... It has taken me 10 years to wise up and realize that everything bad that has ever happend in my life is either directly or indirectly related to alcohol.... My mind and body will always love alcohol... but I know where it has gotten me and how I feel the next day after I drink... and thats enough to keep me sober today... Good luck to ya man!