Notices

Unsure

Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unsure

I have been clean 7 months now. I was in my active addiction for over 25 years. I met some good people out there and not so good people. Once in a while I get a thought in my head that I would like to go back to my old stomping grounds. And see some of those people even though I know they are still in their active
addiction. I know this is not a wise decision.Does anybody else experience these thoughts.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I sure do!!! Its a totally different relationship with our user friends! I have to remind myself that when it looks inviting. Are they gonna be interested in how far youve come in 7 months? what youve learned along the way? My life is all about recovery now and the people in it are sober. I dont think this mixes or is good for our sobriety...to want to go and catch up with people in our old life. Quick story... just had a friend over for the holidays. Hadnt seen her since my last drink march 27 2010. I think she was using a powder substance in my bathroom and she told me one day Ill be able to control my drinking and be able to have "one" with her. She also asked if she could bring a bottle of wine over. I had to tell her no that mmy home is alcohol free. I was very dissapointed!!! I really loved our friendship. We laughed constantly!! But MY sobriety is the most important thing in my life. And its yours too! Its sad to realize we have to say goodbye to relationships but who knows could only be temporary maybe one day we will see our friends enter into recovery there we can embrace them!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Yes, I like to self-sabotage myself. Today I think it through to the negative consequences!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you should wait a while until you do that lh.

I met some good people out there too - and I have some good memories amongst the bad ones - but personally? I decided to close the door on that part of my life.

If I did want to reconnect for any reason, I'd wouldn't do myself any favours by doing things too soon - I'd need a absolutely cast iron rock solid recovery before I ventured back into my old circle and my old stomping grounds.

I'd put the idea on the back burner myself

D