Notices

Im Concerned About a former poster

Old 01-10-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gratefully Sober

Im Concerned About a former poster

I have been thinking about Aysha a lot for some reason. I have never posted on her threads nor her on mine but i have read her threads and know her story. I checked and she hasnt posted since November. i am really worried for her and really hope she got out of the situation she was in in Fla. I was wondering if anyone here keeps in touch with her privately off of SR and if she is ok.I always feel so sad when someone who is in a bad way disappears abruptly.
I will never forget Richey who I remember posting years ago and who hasnt posted in years. From the shape he was in I dont think he had a good outcome. It saddens me when this disease claims another victim.Makes me grateful that I am no longer active in my addiction and have a fighting chance at not dying from it.
So could someone post and say if she is ok or not? I really hope she makes it back to SR.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
orangutan

I am concerned for Aysha myself. I hope she is safe and sober.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

I have not, but remember reading her posts as well, sounded like she was stuck in the cycle real bad.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Gratefully Sober

My biggest worry is that she was in with some very unsavory characters,and one tried to kill her. Oh i hope she got back to NY and into rehab.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

The tough thing about SR is that people come and go - often with no warning - it's really hard to get used to.

I haven't heard anything about Ashya but I hope she's ok - with a little luck, she may even read this and decide to drop in to let us know herself

D
Old 01-10-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have her on FB, and she's doing good. I'd rather not reveal any details, as I don't want to encroach on our friendship, but I will pass on the message that people are concerned about her

I agree with ((Dee)). I've been on SR for a few years, and there are people I care about yet never hear from. I say a prayer and keep them close in my heart

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-10-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been around SR long enough to see a lot of people "disappear." I was in a monthly class a few years ago and there were about 50 of us signed up by the end of that month. Now it seems that there are about 10 of us still active which is 20%. I can only hope that the others are sober and doing well.

I see the same thing in AA, people come and people go.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Imperfect....thank you for the update. I am in touch on fb with a handful of people who are no longer active here...just because someone disappears doesn't mean the worst happens
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad that the former poster is okay.

Cathartic thread for me, because I spend a lot of time thinking about a couple friends who use hard stuff, live off the grid and hang with ***holes. One of the worst feelings I've ever had. If they get better, I might not even find out.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Gratefully Sober

thanks Amy for posting that she is ok.