I Failed again

Old 01-10-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks GirlfromCo
Old 01-10-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi boing

I've been in your position many times. The only way to make things better, IMO, is to get out of the cycle - stop drinking and get help and support to stay that way.

Please see a Dr if you think you should.

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

The main thing tho - whatever you decide to do - is do something.
In my experience, inaction just leads to more drinking....

D
Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Boing - As I already said on Tron's thread, a person isn't a failure who keeps trying to get it right. You wouldn't have come here to discuss this if you had given up on yourself. You still have hope and desire to beat this thing and have a new life.

This last binge can be valuable - keep the memory of it - and use it to be even more determined to kick this. You saw how un-fun and miserable you felt - there's nothing back there in that old, sick world for you. Let's try again boing - you can make it this time and have a beautiful life.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Hevyn, as you probably guessed i am and will be going through some massive cravings in the next few hours, not only cravings but also a need to erase the last few days as i have done some stupid stuff which am ashame of (hence the urge to drink and make it go away will be strong).
So the question is to take or not to take clonazepam to alleviate the pains (anti-anxiety drug) It was prescribed to me a few months back and i never took it. If do take it now i have the feeling i would be cheating- replacing a drug by another, on the other it could lower my anxiety enough to give me a solid chance beating the next 2 or 3 rough days to come. Rational says dont use it as i didnt need it the first time around..
From past experience i know clonazepam has the same effect as being a bit drunk and does relax my brain from bad toughts, on the bad side its highly addictive and could also open the door to booze....I was going to bring this up on a new thread but i guess ill start it here.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's a very tough call, boing. I don't feel qualified to give an answer regarding drugs. The way you describe it's effects, I can see why you're on the fence about taking the clonazepam. As Dee said, it's best to check with a doctor about your concerns.

Please keep us informed about how you're doing.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noone can give you medical advice here Boing - is it too late to phone your prescribing physician?

D
Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

and now here i am pissed off saying over and over again w t f happened...........yup am a dumbarse and hate myself for it.

I don't think you are a dumbarse, it sounds to me like you are just powerless over alcohol. Having a couple of margaritas in the backyard with your wife, and having that turn into a 4 day drunk sounds pretty serious.

I can relate, At the end of my drinking career one night of drinking would turn into a 3 - 4 day event as I tried to wean myself off of alcohol and avoid withdrawal symptoms. I'm so thankful that I don't do that crap anymore.

I never relied on AA or any other program to help me remain sober, probably because i think i dont need to or that i can do it alone.

I used to think the same thing, my avoidance of AA added several more years of pain and suffering onto my drinking careeer.