Notices

Weekend benders arent THAT bad.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FLA View Post
My mind set is very reckless whether I'm drunk or sober. I make the same actions, only difference is when I'm drink I care even less. I love the feeling of danger and getting away from near arrest. I think that's why I'm attracted to drugs and alcohol. I'm not scared of death, arrest, or any outcome that will come with the reckless choices I make. Ever seen jackass? That's me and my friends X10 and honestly I've already seen wrecks, death, arrest, and hospitalization from dui with people I personally knew. I dont see my life going where I want it so fck it why not live it like I am? I'm deleting my account when I wake up because there's no point in aggravating you all and pushing buttons. Fck this.
It seems to me that you are still deep in adolescence; the feeling of immortality that comes with immaturity and ignorance shows in every word you wrote. If you are not concerned with your drinking, I am puzzled as to why you have bothered to post on this site. If you are concerned, and posting here hints of concern, then I think you do have a problem that needs attention.

I guarantee you that the majority of people on this site wish that they had never started drinking. Could it be that your fondness for the "party lifestyle" is actually just an excuse to exercise your alcoholic demons? You need to make a few intelligent decisions regarding your life's path sometime soon. Try to picture yourself at 50, with liver problems, wasted muscles, puking blood and hallucinating and still trying to maintain the "party lifestyle". To me the image is pathetic at best. Frankly, the image of yourself in your own mind during a "party" episode, being drunk and acting like a drunk, should be enough to sober you up permanently. Sadly, it seldom does.

Regarding your driving drunk and almost bragging about it by being proud of your recklessness: grow up! To me anyone who injures or kills someone while driving drunk should be shot. I was hit by a drunken twit while I was riding my bicycle. He had to go way out of his way to hit me because I was in the bike lane well away from the traffic lanes. This was a year and a half ago and I am still recovering from my injuries. You don't only risk your life when you are acting recklessly, drunk or sober.

If you choose to continue your "weekend" binges, be sure to check back with us after you have pursued your chosen lifestyle for, say, ten years. I suspect that you will be singing a different tune by then.

PS: The guy who hit me is in the State Penitentiary for five years. Not long enough for my satisfaction.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

yep,

all is as it should
Old 01-14-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Who here lives in Jax beach. fck being anonymous. Every one here is hiding behind a screen. I could be smoking crack and typing the opposite. We all want the same thing and real life is something completely different than writing how you feel. I think there should be a 'local' page where users that share the same quality can come together. This web site only pertains to a select few who stay sober, the rest are passing by looking for information and asking questions. I live in Jacksonville beach florida. If your close hit me up, let's help each other.
No hiding behind a screen here friend. I go to an AA meeting almost everyday. Talk to my sponser everyday.

This site is just another weapon in my arsenal in the fight against my addictions.

I need all the help I can get.

God bless.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

If you are having so much fun drinking why would you even come to this forum? I had a lot of fun drinking in my early '20's with clubs, college parties etc... I use to drive drunk and use to enjoy trying to get my car up to 100mph on the expressway. I use to be a "weekend warrior" type drinker. Slowly but surely the weekend drinking turned into daily drinking. I received 3 DUI's in a short time. I even would resort to rubbing alcohol/mouthwash when the liquor stores closed & I ran out of booze. Sadly, most people can't be scared sober. I wish you the best.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
FLA

Almost forgot all about this web site. Well 2 days ago I got hammered and did a lot of cocaine. The next day I had to go to the hospital my side where my liver is was killing me and I had extreme anxiety and was shaking and puking all day, all withdrawal symptoms. Everything turned out ok at the hospital They said I need to stop drinking before I kill myself. That really woke me up I'm not even 21 and I'm in the hospital for partying. I don't want to continue going to hospitals and being in bad health drinking is not even fun for me anymore. I'm over all this. So I left Jacksonville and headed home my parents are gonna seek treatment for me and hopefully I'll stay sober this is my first attempt. I'm just scared once the anxiety and other symptoms go away I'll think everythings ok and go back to Jax and continue partying. Well that's my up date for now I will keep you all posted feel free to give me your opinions.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by FLA
I'm in the hospital for partying.
"partying"...lovely euphemism. You were actually in the hospital for an addiction that is beginning to shut down your vital organs. As Chad Kroeger from Nickelback asks, "Are we havin fun yet???"

I hope that someday you will want to step out of the darkness and embrace your life.

Best to you FLA...
Old 02-16-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
FLA

Well, before I didn't think I had a problem. But when you wake up withdrawing and end up in the hospital, it's a wake up call. I started to realize how bad off
I am. I haven't went a week without drinking since I was 16, I'm 20 now. I'm ready to start living I'm over revolving everything in my life around booze and partying.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

Getting smashed on the weekends Friday Saturday and Sunday and taking a break all week isn't that bad? You wouldn't be waking up needing alcohol, you wouldn't crave it, and you could function without hangovers all day for work and what not. So why is getting drunk with your friends on the weekends bad?
jax beach lol...

yes they are bad they lead to more and more until you are in physical pain all week from your kidneys and liver aching and cant even keep any food in your stomach without it coming out like water (sorry to be graphic)

ill stay on my side of the ditch thank you very much
Old 02-16-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

Well, before I didn't think I had a problem. But when you wake up withdrawing and end up in the hospital, it's a wake up call. I started to realize how bad off
I am. I haven't went a week without drinking since I was 16, I'm 20 now. I'm ready to start living I'm over revolving everything in my life around booze and partying.

that sounds like a much better plan... !!!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Well you are in an amazing position then. You can choose. You are a young man now, and you can choose to become a successful, happy, confident, real man or you can choose to continue your addiction and become a bitter disappointment to yourself and others. It's really up to you.
And I just want to add that one can be sober and still be the life of the party. I am
Boozing is unimaginative and boring.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

not trying to make this a personal attack by any means, my brother 22 lives over in jacksonville beach and this mentality is really the way of life over there. me trying to get sober ive stopped talking to my brother and going over to that part of town.

FLA just make the right decision, the one that you want to make
Old 02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
FLA

I know it is, everyone here gets high and drunk all the time. I honestly don't know anyone here that doesn't use. But I skipped town to spend time with family (my moms been in AA for ten years) so hopefully this experience will help me stay sober. As for my friends in Jax still... I hope they quit using because it will be impossible for me to stay sober if it's all around me. That's my biggest fear.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I'm from FL too, the other coast (the better coast LOL) but I'm familiar with the area. Not every single person there uses....maybe just every single person you currently know.

and as far as fear...you are in charge of who you spend time with and what you do with your life. I learned to dump the fear...it just got in the way of living.

Good on you for spending time with family. If mom is in AA and it's a good fit for you then go for it. If not, there are plenty of other roads that lead out of the darkness. Take one and get walking. It's pretty cool over on this side.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

FLA, you only get one life. You are young, but you're not invincible. one thing you can gather from everyone's postings is that it can get worse than what you experienced in the ER. supposed you kept trying this for another 10 years.

outgrow all this Jax bullcrap, those people do NOT care about you...take your family's support and ask for help. you are worth so much more. You admit you were wrong and have a problem. That is a good first step. be grateful that you are sober one week too.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hey FLA. Glad to see you back here. Sounds like visiting your Mom is a great idea. It might give you time to clear your head a bit and think about the next steps to take. For now, you're doing good by staying clean. Keep doing that until you're ready for the next step, whatever that might be. Keep us updated, okay?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've removed several posts under rule 4.
4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
Lets try to offer constructive support, keep it civil...or find another thread to post on.

D
Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

'I will keep you all posted feel free to give me your opinions.'

Insincere much? Relax FLA, right now you're not listening and have some adventures to enjoy. When you're ready to talk, we'll talk.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
FLA

Don't mean to offend any one. When this thread was made I was still drinking. Forgive me for acting like a idiot. I am in a completely different mind state now. If you didn't like what I use to post then don't reply. Sorry.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

You didnt offend me. We have all done things that go against our better judgement.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Welcome back FLA. You found out first hand that this is a very dangerous disease that will eventually kill us if we keep going. I hope that you come to believe that. People here want to help you, but you have to be willing to help yourself as well. We've all been through the wringer, some worse than others. We know through our own experience what you are going through. It's tough to accept at your age that you have a problem with alcohol or drugs. It's tough at any age. But if you want to live, accept it you must. There's a way out of this. Just follow the wisdom of those who have done it. Tons of us here.

Best wishes and God bless.