SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Crying.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/245587-crying.html)

ainsley1 01-08-2012 06:27 PM

Crying....

I'm in tears right now.

I don't know why, really. I am craving my weekend beers (anywhere from 3-8 at any given time). I'm also going down on my depression meds. I have a friend I talk to online sometimes who isn't on tonight, and I miss talking to him. My husband is going to be dealing with his own emotional stuff tonight- his grandfather died today.

So I'll be hugging him and crying along, for a different, selfish reason.

Sorry, just had to get it off my chest.

IndaMiricale 01-08-2012 06:51 PM

I am sorry to hear of your husbands lose.

My prayers are with you and him. I dont know you but thank you for coming and sharing.

Soberween 01-08-2012 06:54 PM

You're not selfish. You are trying to make your life better and it is hard.

1undone 01-08-2012 07:09 PM

Maybe the chat room would help? I can't use it - my iPad doesn't support it. Which I wish would be fixed. Hang in there you are just taking care of you.

ovrock 01-08-2012 07:12 PM

Please accept my condolences...

This is the place to get stuff off your chest, no need to say sorry...

heathersweeds 01-08-2012 07:37 PM

Hello and so sorry for your loss! I remember in early sobriety tears streaming down my face while cleaning up the dinner dishes cause I wanted my evening vodka. For me it was the only thing I knew would temporarily numb me. The only reliable thing in my life....I thought!! Things got so out of controll and ugly and Im on the uphill climb back to a responsible human being. Im sober today and everything I thought alcohol was is a straight out lie! Your not selfish at all for changing your life this is the normal process of sobriety and hold on a second...your doing it!!!

mirage 01-08-2012 07:55 PM

Sorry for your loss, ainsley. I cried more in early sobriety, too. Sometimes for no real good reason. Hang in there..it'll get better. Glad you came here to get it off your chest. :ghug3

qpapq 01-08-2012 08:05 PM

They are dead right Ainsley, i'm on day eleven now, and days two and eight were horrendous for me. I cried constantly. In fact it was so bad for so long, i remember comning on here to celebrate a dry day! +it does get easier, i promise you darling, why not think about it this way..

Its your bodies way of helping to speed flush the toxic from your body..

Hang in the sweetie.. Your in a good place with good people. Lean on them. Xxx

and i too offer condolances to you both. *hugs*

SSIL75 01-09-2012 04:33 AM

I cried SO MUCH in early recovery. But a real turning point for me was when I cried one night for the depressed, lost alcoholic I once was. I could see 'her' in my minds eye and I felt so much compassion for her. It was very surreal but it was when I felt like I fully detached myself from the alcoholic in me.

condolences to your husband.

ainsley1 01-09-2012 05:03 AM

Thanks all. I feel better today. Hope you all are having a good day too.

Anna 01-09-2012 05:36 AM

Ainsley, I cried a lot too. And, for me, it was welcome. In the last year of my drinking, I really felt nothing - very little emotion. The tears were welcome. I'm glad you feel better today.

I'm sorry for your and your husband's loss.

Curbed 01-09-2012 06:08 AM

I have to say that 8 days in, you can actually feel your body recovering and flushing itself out. It's almost like I can't wait for tomorrow to see how much better I feel. That in and of itself is motivation to stick with it. Good luck!