Notices

Detoxing Again

Old 01-08-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I had to do in hospital 7 day detox to get the head start I needed safely. I also used AA for the first three months and counseling as well as family and friends support. If they had SMART meetings I would have gone to them too. No reasons why I could not. You won't be much good drunk or dead to your Dad will you? My VA program also had a 28 day in house rehab follow on that I declined as I have a home and supportive family. I swore if I could just get detoxed I would never drink, or smoke again. I was using patches for a year but yes I also quit a three pack a day smoking habit with that one detox. That was a year and five months ago. I am free. Seems every drunk like me drinking morning to night has some reasons they can't do what they say they need to do. I got so desperate that I had to. Maybe you'll survive long enough to do that too. If i could anybody could.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Kpit,
How are you doing?
Old 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was just wondering the same thing Kpit. I hope you check in.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Same here. Please let us know how things are going when you can.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm still here. Not feeling too good. I am on hydroxyzine and it is helping with the anxiety but not taking it away completely. Guess that's a good thing so I can remember this process and further motivate myself in any future weak moment. I will post a little later this afternoon. Hopefully I'll feel better then.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Did you ever get to the Dr, Kpit?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hang in there Kpit! We are all with you and thinking of you. You can do this! Come back to SR frequently and read and post. If you are feeling really bad, don't hesitate to seek medical attention.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm still here. Doing ok this afternoon, and the anxiety is staying away for the moment. I'm grateful for a comfortable afternoon, and I look forward to an even better day tomorrow! Thanks for all the support!!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Glad your feeling a little better this afternoon, take care of yourself and stay strong you can do this.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well I'm still doing pretty good. No anxiety. I'm just tired and feel bad. However, I feel better than I did 24 hours ago. I've eaten good today and have been drinking water like crazy. Going to turn in after a while and I can't wait to wake up to tomorrow. It can only get better. Thanks to all for the support.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Did you ever go to the Doctor, or are you trying to do this on your own?

A couple of days ago the withdrawal symptoms got the best of you after about 24 hours and you drank. I'm concerned that you might do that again. I understand. I know from my experience that withdrawal is a bitch. However, medical intervention can really help.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Best wishes to you. Sorry to echo previous posters but you told us yourself that you were consuming a vast amount of alcohol every day. That's why we all encourage you to seek medical help. Please go to the doctor if you can.