Notices

crash and burn

Old 01-07-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

crash and burn

When I was 13 and my parents found out I had been dabbling in binge/purging they panicked and put me in a hospital. The 3 days before I went, but knew I was going I stopped eating. At that point I did not have a full blown ED, but by the time I got out of the hospital I had learned lots of new tricks and suffered an ED on and off for next 9 years. Last week my therapist confronted me about hydrocodone and my binge drinking. I had only been taking 1-3 pills a day. I promptly took 4 pills as i left his office. I never drank alone. Tonight I have had 5 shots of vodka. WTF??? I am so confused.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

The things I do know: I suffer from depression and have my whole life. From what I have learned, my cycle of pills and alcohol make my depression worse. It doesn't really matter if I am an "addict" or not, the chemicals negatively affect me. If I want to be happy I need to be chemical free- except for the prozac
Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us have reacted to stress or pressure or fear by ramping up our usage, aeo1313.

It's scary to contemplate changing our whole lives - but you're not alone - you have support here

maybe it's a good idea to think of ways to dump the rest of the vodka and any pills you have?

Please don't mix them. Stay safe

D
Old 01-07-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I think I was fine before I started seeing a therapist. My hubby said I am normal.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found seeing a therapist often 'bought stuff up' too...

The issues were already there - the therapy just made me more aware of them. Looking back I'm glad I kept up with it, because I need that stuff to be bought up, y'know?

Personally, I'd think about the continuing therapy for a few days before you make any decisions

D
Old 01-07-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bringing up things from the past can end up being a trigger - but not processing them means they can hang around and always be a trigger. Maybe just think about feeling the things you need to - somewhere safe where you can feel them alone and not have to explain them to anyone. Once all the pent up mess is out there will be so much space for other things. Like joy and serenity. Sounds corny but I think there will be
Old 01-07-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Life doesn't HAVE to be so complicated Aeo...

I truly hope you find sobriety and recovery. You won't believe how much more peaceful and at ease you'll be.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep posting and reading Aeo. You may just find yourself in many of these stories.
Just the act of you posting this should send you a red flag that something is amiss.

God bless.